1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

2006-2008 Mexican Standard Neck Question

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by stefan87, Apr 19, 2021.

1. stefan87

stefan87 TDPRI Member

Hey Everyone,

I'm no Tele aficionado so thought I'd ask the question if all 2006-2008 Mexican standard Tele's have a satin finish on the front and back of the maple neck?

From what I can research on here I have found out all else I want to know about MIM Tele's and have read that from 2008 is when they started coming out with tinted necks, so just wanted to confirm as if that is the case then I know what model to look for.

Reason I ask is because I have found a 2007 model interstate so can't go a try it out but if I can get it for a good deal then I'll take the punt.

I have tried my friends 2015 MIM standard which is good but not exactly what I want, the players series are good too as I like the satin back but not big on the gloss fretboard, as I only plan on owning one Tele I just want to get everything I want, and a performer/American Special isn't in the budget right now.

Thanks for reading.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.