2005 Squire telecaster custom....custom

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Drgonzo305, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Drgonzo305

Drgonzo305 TDPRI Member

This is My squire telecaster custom o bought on Christmas day last year for a hundred bucks, I'm stuck on telecasters now, I chipped the paint when I was in screwing the the neck and the head of the screw snapped of and decided to refinish it, I was worried after reading what people said online about the Agathis body, that it's like basswood and soft and with no grain and would be a 6 or 7 piece body... Those people don't know what they are talking about Agathis looks like a pale mohaganay and works like hard maple I droppef it hard on the concrete deck and not even a scratch and it was a 2 piece body that you could barely see the seem, the picture I have still has what it the hardest most difficult sanding sealer Ive ever encountered, It took a belt sand with 36 grit belt 6 or 7 minute of body wieght pressure sanding to get through it, isander it with a Bosch oribital for 30 and didn't make a dent in it so I thought I was at the natural wood, anyways the wood is just slightly paper with it off. I stained it with some red mohaganay and sprayed black nitro lacquer around the edges for a nice burst then just a couple coatso clear lacquer and I'm left wondering why agathis bodys are always painted. Well I swapped the pickups out for a Seymour Duncan jazz in the neck and a custum custom in the bridge and swapped the A5 bar in the neck for a A3 and put another A3 in the custom custom and wired it up with the jimmy page wiring with 4 push pull alpha pots except on the coil taps I put resistors in between the ground when you split the coils leaving a the coil that gets shut off 10% in the a bridge and 15% in the neck still on so while you still get the single coil it doesn't drop in volume at all, after that I leveled and crowned the frets installed some fender locking tuners and changed the nut and saddles with black tusq and change the knobs with some gibson top hats sin Screenshot_20191225-111917.png Screenshot_20191225-111917.png IMG_20200121_235400.jpg ce the factory ones were coming off ever time I pulled up one of the pots and it can sound like a tele, a lespaul and strat and it's got a beautiful tone all its own I love this guitar and through some creativity i only paid $200 all in all

Toadtele, Fendereedo and RodeoTex like this.
  2. Drgonzo305

Drgonzo305 TDPRI Member

IMG_20200205_005454.jpg

Attached Files:

old soul, BorderRadio and Fendereedo like this.
  3. Drgonzo305

Drgonzo305 TDPRI Member

I'm trying to post more pictures but I think I'm overloading it.or my phone it's smashed and fights me IMG_20200121_232801.jpg IMG_20200121_232801.jpg IMG_20200121_232801.jpg

Attached Files:

old soul, BorderRadio and Fendereedo like this.
  4. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Very nice job, congratulations.

5. Drgonzo305

Drgonzo305 TDPRI Member

Thanks this one set off a tele bug in me and I converted my garage into a work shop making new ones, the sapele body with the ribbon strips was my first but I messed up cutting the excess off from the block of incredible wood I got. for $20 I knew it had that nice ribbon figure but the whole block has a subtle quilt figure going throughout the 2 in thick block,I've been turning the excess wood left over into pickup rings, anywaysihad to cut off the top .75 inch's which is not easy unless you have a $10000 bandsaw which I don't but it's off and.i got a quilter birch top going back in its place, I used the wrong template for the body shape as you can see me showing off in the last picture, I'll post my builds as the come along

Attached Files:

Fendereedo likes this.
  6. Mincer

Mincer Tele-Holic

I've never tried an A3 Jazz or CC...how do they compare with stock?

Fendereedo likes this.
  7. Stratguy70

Stratguy70 TDPRI Member

Maybe try paragraphs?
    Nice guitar.

Fendereedo likes this.
  8. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

The software only allows so many images per post.

Fendereedo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.