1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

2003 Honda Civic Accessories

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by mistermullens, Apr 13, 2016.

1. mistermullens

mistermullens Poster Extraordinaire

Hey guys. I don't get to post much anymore, but I thought I'd give this thread a shot. I recently rented a new car while my 2003 Honda Civic was in the shop for body work. While I enjoyed having a new ride for a week, when I got my Civic back, I realized how much I enjoy my car! I've had it 10 yrs, and it has 218k. I'd like to optimize it for storage, but I need some help. It's an EX Coupe, and I'd like a rooftop carrier/basket. I'm going to need a roof rack for said carrier. I'd like for it to retain a "slim" look to the car if possible. Meaning, I don't want it to stand up too tall on the roof. I'm also interested in adding a hitch and one of those "shelves" you can insert in the hitch.

I know more about guitars than cars, and Google searches have left me frustrated.

2. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

Rooftop carrier , electric scooter rack , or a small trailer , there isn't much else that you can do ?

3. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

You'll probably have more luck on a Honda forum than here, though you never know. For the rack & rails you should be able to go to any auto store site and plug in your year and model to get available options. Even Amazon's auto section asks for specs and will tell you what is available.

4. NJVN

NJVN TDPRI Member

I had an 03 Civic coupe for 12 years, great car, but sold it last year. I can't help with the roof rack, but I did have a trailer hitch on it, I used it for a bike rack. It worked great, the only way to go for carrying bikes. I would guess it would work perfect for a "shelve" too. It was also super easy to install, I bought it off of Amazon.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.