2002? DRRI Newly Acquired.. Look inside and tell me what I got myself into.. Pic Heavy

Wally

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I trust Wally's judgment, even when he makes a lot of typos, lol. That was my initial reaction, after all.
Soooo... since it's bought and paid for, and the OP has a multimeter, I'll go back to my initial advice and say it should be scraped sooner rather than later.

yeah, my I Pad Air likes to automatically and randomly opt to use the numerical board rather than the letters!! I should reread before posting.

i am one who does not thin’ that a multimeter doth a tech make. Ommv….

giogolf

Tele-Meister
Jeez, this went south pretty fast :).

I didn’t mention that the seller said it was serviced, as I don’t trust what people say unless I can verify it myself..

Agreed, whoever did the service didn’t do a great job or at least a thorough job at that.. Funny thing is, he recommended I use Jeff Bober the former’s founder of Buddha amps I think, who is highly recommended in Maryland as far as google searches go.. No whether or not he did the service, I will ask.. if he did then Ill say its not worth using him IMHO..

Oh, the green side, underside of the board looks perfect.. I was able to get it tilted enough to peek under without unplugging a boat load of wires..

Ill scrape the carbon off the top soon.. But for now, Im happy with my minor investment.. It works well (now) and sounds stellar.. If the universe wants this to thing to burn up, Ill reincarnated with a P2P board :)

Tim S

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Agreed. Those caps are cheap, and there's no reason not to replace 'em all.
Unless the tech was told “Replace only what is absolutely required”. Just guessing here, because that choice was an odd one. I don’t know exactly what instructions the tech was given.

giogolf

Tele-Meister
Unless the tech was told “Replace only what is absolutely required”. Just guessing here, because that choice was an odd one. I don’t know exactly what instructions the tech was given.
Would I need to re-bias if I replaced all the caps myself?

giogolf

Tele-Meister
Replacing the filter caps should make no difference to bias settings.
Thanks Sea Devil.. this maybe my first foray into repair, maintenance as in my opinion, the filter caps being on a separte board with little cluter makes me feel more comfortable soldering.. This of course will only happen after I practice my soldering/de-soldering on a spare practice board.