1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

2001 MIM Fat Strat w/ Floyd

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by SixStringSlinger, Apr 11, 2021.

1. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Friend of Leo's

I'm looking at one of these online and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me about any routing it may have for the Floyd. Basically I want to know if you can pull up on it as well as push down. I don't see any obvious routing behind the trem, but I don't know if that necessarily means there's no room to pull up.

2. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Friend of Leo's

I just heard back from the seller. Apparently this model has no routing behind the trem and there is little-to-no room for pulling up.

3. kookaburra

kookaburra Tele-Afflicted

I had a Floyd Strat, bridge humbucker some years back. I'm not sure of the year, but it may have been a bit older than 2001. That one worked pretty well either way.

4. Jakedog

Jakedog Telefied Ad Free Member

Yeah, those are top mount. They sit flat real nicely on the top. One of these days I’m gonna pick one up.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.