2000 Super Reverb PCB trade for Paisley Telecaster?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by BigD, Aug 27, 2019.

1. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

64 Custom Deluxe Reverb Handwired and I have the Quilter which can get super loud.
    I’m probably just going to keep the Telecaster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LuthRavin likes this.
  2. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

If that ain’t country...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. homesick345

homesick345 Poster Extraordinaire

the RI super doesn't sound like a super

BigD likes this.
  4. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

It's interesting you say that the RI super doesn't sound like a super. Maybe it's the speakers? Or black face vs. silver face? I read a review in one of the guitar magazines a few years back that played
    a vintage and reissue side-by-side, and said that while they could discern a slight difference that they both sounded really great. Some people assert that the magazine articles can be a bit biased because
    they don't want to tick off their advertisers, but I've also heard lots of people say that circuit board aside, when it comes to sound that the reissues sound quite good.

Here's a link to the article-- it was in Guitar Player a couple years back. A very well done comparo, in my opinion.

https://www.guitarplayer.com/gear/and3965-fender-super-reverb-reissue-vs-1964-fender-super-reverb

BigD likes this.
  5. bftfender

bftfender Friend of Leo's

you got one ?

6. bftfender

have em both..i had all intentions of my tech HW..took it to him...no way...its fine...theere is quite a few originals in his shop & he has 4o years of custom builds sitting around....we didnt want to like it,,i use it for precise & its very clear but will break real nice & exactly where you want it..i use the Silverface for Raw.

7. homesick345

homesick345 Poster Extraordinaire

Yes. I got one - always had a load of them

And currently other 3 supers - '64; '68 drip; '70 (you can say I know super reverbs, been playing them for 40 years)

While I do like the DRRI & TRRI; & they do a great job, the Super RI - to my ears sounds nothing like a Super.

Guitar Player article was riddled with mistakes you'd think they'd know better

Voila

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    LuthRavin likes this.
  8. bftfender

that is interesting..we had this in the amp shp..was going to have it made like my other amps & PTP it...It was so lively sounding...iEvery other amp i have is HW. Yesterday was amp choice day for next song. It won out again .its wonderful on its own for clean & it really shines in edge of breakup. Maybe i got lucky..saw it at GC in Towson MD & got it for $600..took it strait to tech...expecting a full re build.Super's really are amazing amps

9. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

I’m surprised no one here caught the fact that I was told this was a 2000 Super Reverb and the reissue Super Reverb didn’t come out until 2001.
    I just found that out myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.