20+ Great Things to do with a Pocket Knife

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by mistermullens, Jan 30, 2013.

1. toadman

toadman Tele-Afflicted

Kershaw Leek . i have one i carry every day that is beat to crap with a broken tip that makes a dandy light use screwdriver/finish scraper! and i have another that is clean and sharp. i call it my 'dress knife"!
    my grandad told me when i was ten that a gentleman alway carrys a sharp pocket knife. and i have ever since.
    he then gave me HIS grandfathers "gentlmans knife" it's sorta like a swiss army knife but it has functions like pipe tamper, cigar holer, shoe button hooks, all kinds of crazy things plus a beautiful pearl handle. i'll try and get a shot of it. it's very cool and one of my most prized posessions

2. mistermullens

mistermullens Poster Extraordinaire

Here's my EDC that I've misplaced. I've done that a few times over the years, but I've always managed to find it. I really like this one because of the screwdrivers built in, and it has a carabiner (sp?) /bottle opener. Talk about handy! I really need to find it.

[​IMG]

3. mr natural

mr natural Friend of Leo's

I've carried a pocket knife in my front left pants pocket every day since I was about 10. Very useful. I'm on my third Swiss Army knife. I lost the first one in a bar. Second one was stolen by yuppies at a restaurant I worked at. They borrowed it for the corkscrew and walked out with it. Both were Victorinoxes. The current one is my first Wenger and I've had it for probably 15 years. My best use of a pocket knife was the time that my original cassette Walkman shorted out while I was listening to it at work. I disassembled the whole thing on my desk, found a burnt melted solder joint, heated up the small blade with my lighter and sawed through where a glob of solder had melted and flowed to an adjacent connection. Reassembled the Walkman and it worked perfectly. Everyone looked at me like I was some sort of crazy wizard or something. I also used to carry a huge, evil looking gravity knife in my coat pocket when I lived in the "bad" part of town. But that's another story.
    -Mr. Natural

4. mr natural

mr natural Friend of Leo's

Another knife story: one of the guys where I work went out to inspect a gas regulator station and misplaced his favorite pocket knife. A year later, he went to inspect the same reg station and found his knife lying near the station right where he'd put it down.
    -Mr. N.

5. telestratosonic

telestratosonic Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I have the Spyderco Endura, too, and I'm never without it.

6. banjohabit

banjohabit Tele-Holic

carried the same KampKing in my pocket from the time i was about 8 yrs. old until 1994, when i dropped it in the river a couple of days before my birthday. that was not pleasant.

for my birthday a couple of days later, my wife gave me a tri-blade Boker 125th anniversary with the bone handle. been in my pocket ever since. the long blade has had a hole the size of 14 ga. wire in the middle of it for about 10 yrs.. one of those "juice is off?" "yeah, it's off" moments. didn't take too long to turn loose of it !

7. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

I've got a couple of SAK's on my table .. I rarely use them and have never carried them around in my pocket...

one has a bunch of gismos/blades that I found on top of a cupboard in a rental house a while back....
    .and another thin 2 blade one that a Swiss guy gave me for my birthday, when I was in Manaus, Brasil.... it was handy in La Paz... ;)

I've never really felt the need to carry a pocket knife ... and have got by up until now without doing it ..:)

8. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

2nd page and no 'mumbley-peg' posted yet? Hello!

9. 56strat

56strat Tele-Meister

I have a little Buck 525 with locking blade that I keep handy and use at home frequently, but I never carry it in my pocket. Not sure why, because I often need one at work and resort to one of the blades of a scissors, or struggling using a letter opener or something. I guess I just don't like carrying things in my pocket. Even my keys in my pocket annoy me at times.

10. dijos

dijos Tele-Afflicted

I have a few tacticals, an endura that I've had since 97. Also, about 15 Saks, 7 tl29s, a mora or two, couple stockmans, kershaw chive, opinels, and to keep them sharp, a sharpmaker. I was a longtime bfc member.

11. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

[​IMG]

Mines not big enough for holding up liquor stores so I'm kind of limited to just getting nickels from kool aid stands. ;)

12. Peltogyne

Peltogyne Tele-Afflicted

I think it's like Kustom Kars, imagine how silly it would look spelled cnife. If it makes it any easier just pronounce the k.

13. Peltogyne

Peltogyne Tele-Afflicted

I forgot I had a small pocket knife in my daypack in 2005 and it made it to the other side of the world through 4 xray machines and they never saw it.

Which is good since another time just picking someone up I had to go through security and TSA saw a pen knife on my key chain and reacted somewhat similar to the chimps in the beginning of Kubrick's 2001.

14. RCinMempho

RCinMempho Friend of Leo's

My stepson and I carried one almost all the time. The "naked" thing was the we felt.

To this day, we ask each other for a knife by saying, "You naked?"

15. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

At one point in my life I used to collect knives, particularly Spyderco. Now that they seem to be producing knives to be collected rather than used I've given up. All my knives are users and I couldn't a) keep up with the rate of release of new knives and b) afford them, particularly the Spydercos. :(

That still gives me a wealth of knives, and I do carry one every day. I love Kershaw and other brands as well. Lately I've been carrying my Spyderco Tenacious. Great knife at a reasonable price…

Attached Files:

16. Mike Bruce

Mike Bruce Friend of Leo's

Scissors? Sword?

17. Mike Bruce

Mike Bruce Friend of Leo's

Already today: opened the mail, cut a stray thread from my shirt, pried some ice off the shed door lock, cut a piece of cheese for my lunch. Yup, carried one since grade school when nobody cared if a boy had one at school, and most boys knew how to handle one.

18. Psyclone

Psyclone Tele-Meister

My pocket knife is a Boker titanium.
    I've never had a better knife

19. Colt W. Knight

Colt W. Knight Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I've carried a Buck knife since I was a teenager. I use it on a daily basis.

20. Trow

Trow Tele-Holic

I carry a SOG Spec Elite 1 everywhere. The only times it's not on me is when I'm flying.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.