1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

2 Volumes/No tone

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by andybguitar, Oct 30, 2012.

1. andybguitar

andybguitar NEW MEMBER!

Anyone got thoughts on replacing the tone control with a dedicated volume for the bridge pickup? If I want to adjust tone I do it externally but I'm attracted to being able to blend the volume levels in a two pickup setting

2. braderrick

braderrick Tele-Afflicted

Could do that. You could also add a 3rd pot in there and still have tone control as well. Or concentric pots.

3. braderrick

braderrick Tele-Afflicted

I did a nashville setup recently and I used a blend pot for it. It takes some getting used to but in the end, I LOVE the blend function. There is a very small "usable" area of the pot sweep but once found you can get some wonderful tones with just the right amount of the pickups chosen.

4. andybguitar

andybguitar NEW MEMBER!

That's what I'm after, mixing the 2 pickups. Tone is for girls on a guitar. I want the full signal to reach my amp/effects. Am not a huge fan of the bridge pickup but like a small amount mixed with neck pickup sometimes

5. Holyoli

Holyoli Tele-Meister

Well, I don't know if "Tone is for girls on a guitar", but I wired my tele with 2 vol no tone, and the versatility is great. Basicaly, think of a les paul wiring without the tone pots if it helps

6. dblues

dblues Tele-Afflicted

Volume,no-load tone and blend will do what you want. If you ever want to get in touch with your feminine side use the tone control.

Sent from my iPad using TDPRI

7. Donelson

Donelson Tele-Afflicted

I tried that, two volumes & no tone, even made a thread about it here, some long while back. I switched back to the regular setup. The tone knob is something you need. Not necessarily to adjust tone, IMO, but to get the easy & fun wah sound. Danny Gatton & Steve Morse, etc.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.