2 pro juniors

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Kingtone, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Kingtone

Kingtone Tele-Holic

I like to play thru 2 juniors, I'm thinking of havinig a custom cab made by Mojo to house both amps. I'm not sure about the speaker config yet , 2-10s, 2-12s,4-10s. If anyone else plays thru 2 Jrs and would like to get in on this with me please let me know. I think this amp would make a great club or studio combo...

2. littlebigman

littlebigman TDPRI Member

i used two

pro jrs for about a year and was real fond of the sound and really fond of loading up at nite after a gig.rock on with em

3. stantheman

stantheman Doctor of Teleocity

a variation

I like the idea of combining BUT ...I'd like to try it with two Peavey Classic 20's (rapidly becoming one of my all-time favorite small Amps).

4. e-merlin

e-merlin Doctor of Teleocity

I used to use two of my Peavey Bravos in stereo with my Peavey ProFex II effects unit. Very versatile setup. I'm more of a straght into the amp kinda guy nowadays, though, but I still mess around with effects units every now and again.

Combining two Pro Junors into one cab might be quite a bit of work. Have you thought of maybe pulling the amps out of the cab and rackmounting them. Then you could use them with any combination of speakers. I did that with a couple of Bravos several years ago.

5. purpletele

purpletele Friend of Leo's

not the same..

but there was a band around here that daisy chained about ten old Silvertones together. Man oh man what a cool sound...wish I could remeber what that band was called

a couple of blues (or pro') junior's together sounds like a great idea to me.

6. Kingtone

Kingtone Tele-Holic

After playing with the cab design and tonal requirements I've narrowed it down to 4-10s each head driving 2-10s side by side. Its either going to be a bassman style cab or a head and cab like the custom bassman pictured in the book, Fender Amps, The first fifty years, pg 185.

7. zane

zane Tele-Afflicted

If your going to build a cabinet, why not have 1-10 & 1-12 that would cover all the bases tone wise.

8. blue floral

blue floral Tele-Meister

man OH man

a thred after my own heart.

I actually gigged a small club with 10 (count 'em ten)
    champs wired together just to see if it'd work.

It sounded awesome once i got all the cones pushing the right way and defeated some ground loops on the jumpers.

The funny thing was all the jewels glowing in the background..... you could see pretty easily on a pitch black stage :lol:

I would have continued the process, but the clubs we played rarely had enuff stage outlets for ONE amp, much less my stupid rig.

the Pro Jr. is one of my fav amps fender has ever made.
    a pair of 'em oughtta rule!!!!

I'd love to have 2 in a head configuration with a 2-12 under neath one for each head. big tones abound!!!

9. bgwatts

bgwatts Tele-Meister

junior questions for y'all.

I keep hearing such good things about the PJ.A local shop has a "tweed " one,and there's a "blonde" one on eBay.So what are the cool mods? tube recommendations,caps,etc. Is there enough room in that little cabinet for a twelve? I love sub 20 watt tube amps,Love the simplicity of amps with two or three knobs.But I do prefer 12" speakers.
    And I REALY like the idea of running a pair of them.
    Tell me everything you know!

10. Kelsey

Kelsey Tele-Holic

There is barely enough room in the PJ cab for the stock 10" speaker, so a 12" is pretty much out of the question without going to a different cab. I have a 1998 PJ that I like a lot, but it is pretty noisy with the stock tubes. I have to get some others to try. However, I much prefer my Orange AD15 -- great tone as well, but smoother, more versatile, better built, and not at all noisy. Of course it cost more than a pair of PJs...

11. Unburst

Unburst Tele-Meister

I run my PJ into a Marshall 2x12, it's my main recording amp.
    Funny thing is in that same room I have a '64 AC30, a '79 Marshall 50w and a '74 Twin and I can crank 'em, just never seem to get around to turning them on
    :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.