2 NGD's in 2 weeks and I dont have either one any more.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by gitold, Aug 8, 2013.

1. gitold

gitold Friend of Leo's

I bought 2 guitars in the past 2 weeks and I don't have either of them. A old friend of mine showed up in town recently. Hadn't seen him in 15 years. He comes over to see me and he's down on his luck. He see's all my guitars ( I have quite a few) and he immediately asks if he can borrow one. I ignore him and as he's leaving he asks again. I feel bad cause he has had some bad breaks so I lend him my Nashville Tele. As soon as he leaves I regret it and the next day I go to GC and find a Squier Standard Strat with SSH pickups for $79 bucks in great shape. The manager who I know says they mismarked it as a Affinity but sells it for that price. I call my old friend, tell him I bought him a present and take it to him. He's thrilled and I get my guitar back. 1 week later I go to the same GC for some thumb picks (trying to learn how to play lap steel) and they have a Epi SG G400 for $79 in great shape right next to one of the cheapo bolt neck jobs for the same price. Once again I buy it knowing that a buddy of mine is looking for a guitar with humbuckers but is on a budget. He wants it and buys it for what I paid. It pays to have a GC 1/2 a mile from your home.

2. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

LOL, I'm down on my luck too but could really use a Gretsch White Falcon so just in case you're still feeling generous.......................;)

ROTFL

3. NastyMojo

NastyMojo Tele-Afflicted

Your a true friend. I have never had a guitar given to me.

4. dented

dented Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

It feels nice to be nice to others. Thanks for inspiring me and others to do nice things.

5. gitold

gitold Friend of Leo's

If I find A WHITE FALCON FOR $79 I promise it's yours.

6. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

LOL, the only way that ever happens is if it's hotter than a welding torch. Haha :D

7. kevoz

kevoz Tele-Holic

Nice to have a guitar a shop like that nearby. A G400 is pretty good for $79.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.