2 humbuckers / 2 Push Pull Vol / No Tone

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by samuzu_custom, Sep 18, 2020.

1. samuzu_custom

samuzu_custom NEW MEMBER!

Hello tele world!

Can anyone help me with some custom wiring? Wiring diagram?

Working on overhauling a squire telecaster by dropping two wide range pickups in it
    72 reissue style.

Equipment:
    2 x Wide range Humbuckers w/ 4 wire config. Diagram included.

2 x CTS Pull/Pull 500k pots.

1 x Telecaster 3 way switch.

1x Standard Tele Jack.

Why: I NEVER USE THE TONE KNOB. Not out of spite, I just find that I never do.
    If anything, to my ear, I can never seem to get the tone chimey/glittery enough. Im not in the market to muffle down my sound.

What Id like, is the optionality of one dedicated volume pot for each pickup with a push/pull coil split option for each one. No Tone.

This should allow for 8 tone options with the standard 3 way switch and two pot configuration that is native to a Tele. No need for tone pots or capacitors. Just raw pickup tone combos and volume to roll off/on whatever I need. This is basically what I do with my Gibson Special w/P90's. And I find the Tone knobs always be stuck on "10" on that as well.

I can follow a diagram and solder but Im not experienced enough with humbucker wiring to route the connections myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated if anyones up for the challenge.

(If theres a link out there with this that i just havent found, please link it, and I apologize in advance.)

Attached Files:

2. garrett

garrett Tele-Afflicted

[​IMG]

3. garrett

garrett Tele-Afflicted

Check the routing on your guitar, though. Some Teles have a hump in the rout below the volume pot that will prevent fitting a push/pull.

4. samuzu_custom

samuzu_custom NEW MEMBER!

YEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!! This is so solid! Thanks so much for sharing.
    And noted about the pot cavity. Im routing out the cavity for the bridge cavity anyway so I dont mind cutting out a little more.

Thanks again :D

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.