1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

1985 Tele String trees...

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by justrfb, Sep 27, 2015.

1. justrfb

justrfb TDPRI Member

Hello All.
    I am interested in an American Tele but I am not sure the tree's are correct? Hence me asking you.. Are these "standard" or "stock" trees for an 85? Thanks so much for your help...

Sincerely,
    Rich

Attached Files:

2. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

We need more photos - there's no such thing as a 1985 American Standard as 1985 was the year of the sale by CBS to FMIC.

That headstock looks like it has a black plastic at the truss rod hole; American Standards should have walnut (as would a 1983 or 1984 Standard).

Let's see photos of the entire guitar - bridge, # of frets, etc.

3. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

here's a E3xx 83 Fullerton tele... old type string trees...wood plug...

the E3xx Strat from Corona '87 has the newer string trees... perhaps the teles from Corona did too?...

Attached Files:

4. justrfb

justrfb TDPRI Member

Hello again...
    Thank you for your help... I appreciate it. I think I am going to pass on this one; along with my initial question, too far and a little too much (asking price...). Also, he or PO changed out the tuners and it doesn't say he has the originals... This guitar will be for our older son who is interested in a Tele, "Surf Green" with Rosewood fret board. Still looking...

Sincerely,
    Rich

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.