1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

(1980s) Peavey Backstage Schematic

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by 2fingers, Jul 10, 2020.

1. 2fingers

2fingers TDPRI Member

I have an old Peavey Backstage that was given to me in exchange for compensation for some work I did for a fella.

It was stored in a hot barn, so I think all the caps are bad. Although I'm starting with the filter caps first, I had recently taken the amp to a friend to have all the diodes and transistors checked. I was going to provide him with the PCB layout just to make things convenient for him. Well, much to my surprise, the schematic on the internet is nowhere to be found (I've had the amp guts put away for a few years). I had to dig out an old computer and jury-rig the hard drive to retrieve it, but I have a copy that I archived offline those years ago when I first tried to tackle this amp.

I felt it would be a good idea to post what I have so that others might benefit from it (considering I came up empty searching for it online). If anyone else has knowledge pertaining to this specific amp, I encourage you to share and share alike! There should be a club exclusively for the original Peavey Backstage, IMO (as common as they were during their heyday)!

Attached Files:

2. Bill Moore

Bill Moore Tele-Afflicted

I've had good luck requesting layouts/schematics from Peavey. Very nice folks!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.