Telefied
Ad Free Member

notmyusualuserid

Poster Extraordinaire
Link needs a subscription.

This one (from the Daily Fail, sorry) might work

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
I am always intrigued by these readings of justice being served. Bless the souls that were lost and the people who continue to work on these cases for decades. Amazing stories.
I wish we could learn about the perpetrator and his life. Did he have any remorse, nightmares, triggers that made him sweat. He must have known about current DNA testing. Did he expect the knock on the door? Glad her family gets some closure albeit continuously sad.

Phrygian77

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Thankfully, the guy was still alive to be brought to justice. I've seen a lot of these were the person is dead. Sometimes, at least it was a karmic death. One of the more disturbing though was the 1971 murder of Maureen Brubaker Farley, because that monster lived a normal family life up until he died at age 94 in 2013.

Last edited:

Linderflomann

Tele-Meister
I wish we could learn about the perpetrator and his life. Did he have any remorse, nightmares, triggers that made him sweat. He must have known about current DNA testing. Did he expect the knock on the door? Glad her family gets some closure albeit continuously sad.
I wonder about this too, but also about what other unpleasant things he may have done. It's hard to imagine someone capable of such a thing to not have been abusive towards the women in his life in particular.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
there's almost bound to be more violence in his past.

Every time I read a story like this I always think "Was the victim the only victim? Was there someone before and/or after the one they know about?" Glad the caught him, finally, and it will be interesting to see if anything else shakes loose about his past... :oops:

Masmus

Tele-Afflicted
There was a brutal murder in Reno about 15 years ago that was solved fairly quickly by comparison by getting a blood relative to volunteer a dna sample because the suspect wouldn’t submit and there wasn’t enough evidence to get a court order. The sample showed a match for a close relative and the police were then able to get that court order and the suspect was eventually convicted.