1971 Rosewood Tele: Any recs for routing repairs? (ideally SoCal/AZ)

capitalbear

Tele-Meister
Here is a closeup of the breadboarded circuit inside. It uses three transistors: AA 5087, and 2n5210 (x2). So it would seem that whatever the perpetrator didn't know about woodcraft, he was pretty good at circuits!

View attachment 935158 View attachment 935157
I prefer to call that that a hack job, "good at circuits" looks different to me. But it matches the rest of the woodwork.

Sparky2

Poster Extraordinaire
Tell your brother I'll give him a hundred bucks, as is.

(See if he doesn't mind picking up the shipping costs.)

Thanks!

😀

Knave101

TDPRI Member
I have heard from Asken and Oldschoolguitar. I'm considering the options. I've seen the work from twoodfrd as well.

I'm also considering taking a swipe at it (eeeks!) But stuff has come up at this time with family and work, so I've moved it to back burner for a bit. I'll let you know what happens. I don't think it is worth 10k.. maybe 5?

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
My opinion, for what it’s worth: nothing you’re thinking of doing will increase the value of the guitar. So, you’re going to do it for appearance only and everything will be covered by pick guard, so leave it alone!

Exactly.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter

knavel

Tele-Holic
I bet that guitar sounds awesome as is. That era Gibson HB is a great pickup.
I so much prefer a neck humbucker to the normal pickup. The guitar sounded very different to me than a regular telecaster, more bluesy like a Gibson.