1970's Fender Silverface Super Reverb Tube Chart Repro PDF

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by tonycoco, Jan 22, 2020.

1. tonycoco

tonycoco TDPRI Member

Hey folks,

I made a nice repro of a 1970's Fender Silverface Super Reverb Tube Chart. Attached is the PDF I created. If anyone has a really high-quality scan of any of their own vintage Fender amps, I'd love to create a library of repros and let people have them. I did this one from a pretty terrible scan of a Reverb listing. I'm currently restoring this amp so I tried my best to put together the assets without wasting a bunch of money for a cheap scan. These are 100% vector (minus the logo). I could very easily make other ones and build out a nice, open-source, library for anyone to use for their own projects.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

King Fan likes this.
  2. King Fan

King Fan Friend of Leo's

Welcome to TDPRI. We need more open-source / sharing expertise like yours. Thanks!

tonycoco likes this.
  3. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I have collected a bunch of images of tube charts if anyone wants a particular one I can check it out.

tonycoco likes this.
  4. tonycoco

tonycoco TDPRI Member

Please post them and I can make a GitHub repo of the PDFs to share.

5. tizianod

tizianod Tele-Meister

Great idea! I'm in :)

6. King Fan

King Fan Friend of Leo's

Detail: Repro 'Fender' brand tube charts are nice if you're restoring an old Fender with the tube chart missing and you don't worry that a repro might make the amp look 'faked' in any way. A tube chart isn't a PT or speaker, but some buyers might prefer the tattered remnants of the original to a perfect current repro.

OTOH for homebuilts, many of us avoid putting 'Fender' on there. This isn't so much from fear a trademark lawyer will look inside our amp as from a sense of ownership and pride in having our name instead.

Plus there've been a lot of complaints over the years where someone used a Fender name badge *and* Fender tube chart to make a clone look 'real' -- the logic being an innocent spouse or child might later sell it, or an innocent customer buy it, thinking it was an actual Fender.

LuthRavin likes this.
  7. tonycoco

tonycoco TDPRI Member

Yep, mine was missing tubes, some bad RCA cables, and the tube chart was missing. Just wanted to put it in there for a future tube-replacer.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.