1965 Princeton Reverb problem?

Jasonpatrick

Tele-Meister
Is this normal for these. This buzzing sound. I feel it shouldn’t be. It’s had a full recap. CE can replacement. When I wire a 20uf cap in series with the Triangle node on the cap can it disappears until higher up on the reverb dial. If I remove the wire off the node and just through the 20 uf cap it’s back. So I don’t think it’s the can. Makes the noise without tank hooked up, with tank removed, turned around , upside down and ten blocks away. Jkjk.. I have looked and read about similar issues but the threads all just end before anyone is like hey , this is what I did. All voltages are well within spec. This guy is running GZ34 and has the AA764 tube chart. I know I know… I think some of it is my apartment but I wanted to see if any of you had any thoughts. Turn up your volume! I’m all ears!View media item 48257

JDRNoPro

Friend of Leo's
Sorry but I can't really get a feel for how loud that hum actually is. A slight low level hum wouldn't seem unusual to me.

You might have better luck with this over on the amp tech center subforum. Good luck!

Jasonpatrick

Tele-Meister
Sorry but I can't really get a feel for how loud that hum actually is. A slight low level hum wouldn't seem unusual to me.

You might have better luck with this over on the amp tech center subforum. Good luck!
Sweet. I posted over there just now. Can I get a Mod to delete this post? Thanks!

TwangerWannabe

Tele-Afflicted
None of my silverface Princetons ever sounded like that.

The obvious things I'm sure you've already ruled out...is it near any appliances, monitors or fluorescent lights? Do you actually have a guitar plugged into it when this is happening, and if so have you tried other guitars to rule out it's a specific guitar and not the amp?

Last edited: