1963 Gibson Invader

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by crzyhors, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Thanks for the tip on the book...I need that one.
    I would have to date the amp by the codes on the components. With Gibson...unlike most Fenders.....you really have to look at things to know what you have. I have 3 amps...2 Gibson GA35RVT's and an Epi GA16RVT...that are very very close in 'birthdates'....and they all are based on the same schematic...and known of them are exactly alike and none of them had exactly the same components/circuits in certain areas. Small little changes in the circuits....almost like factory mods as they went down the line! LOL

AGain...thanks for the tip on the book. As I look around, I see that I may have more Gibson amps than Fenders! How did that happen? (8^O

2. Delta Blues

Delta Blues Tele-Afflicted

Nice find!

3. crzyhors

crzyhors TDPRI Member

The book is a great resource! It also comes with CD ROM called "Gibson Amplifier Master Service Book." I haven't had a chance the dive into that yet, but it also looks like a great resource for ANYBODY that owns a Gibson Amplifier.

4. willpayne

willpayne TDPRI Member

I just got my Gibson Hawk 25RVT in and is eerily similar to the invader. Does anyone have any idea what the second stage of the "on" switch does? To my ears I only hear some crackling. Also, anyone know what the monitor 1/4" output does? I am not sure if it is really meant to power an external speaker. Is this a headphone jack?

5. crzyhors

crzyhors TDPRI Member

My invader also has a second "on" position. It is a reverse polarity. These amps were made originally without three-prong cord (I believe). The second "on" gives you an option to try and cancel the noise.

6. Blustele

Blustele Tele-Afflicted

Nice deal!

7. slider313

slider313 Tele-Afflicted

Nice amp. A friend used a '62 tweed GA-30 RVT for years as his main club amp. He never used pedals......just a strat straight in and it sounded great.

8. crzyhors

crzyhors TDPRI Member

I'm loving it!

9. Engraver-60

Engraver-60 Friend of Leo's

Is that the Gibson amp with the oil can reverb? If so, a friend I had in HS had one and that is a very cool reverb unit. Great deal, and should be a wonderful amp to own and play through.

10. crzyhors

crzyhors TDPRI Member

No, it's not the oil can reverb. Normal spring unit.. I think! But it does sound GREAT!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.