1959 ES-335TD proto build

telemcCaster

Tele-Holic
Hey guys, great work to both of you. i have two quick question; did gibson (in 1950's) had only one press mold for both back and top? and did they use this top/back mold for ES330 too?

Thank you, and I am sure Gil says thanks too.

Yes, just one press for top/back since it is symmetrical. And the 330 is identical. Interestingly the 330 is the first designed double cut Gibson made. If you notice it looks more "perfect". Look where the bridge lines up. Notice on the 330 that the bridge lines up with the "knicks" just like a stadivari violin.

Attachments

• 330vs335.JPG
    330vs335.JPG
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,727

jipp

Friend of Leo's
ohh, yay i get to see all of this new girl.. wow, what a looker. i like my Sheraton II.. can only imagine how much fun this one would be too. thanks for sharing..

chris.

p.s

the new bone sure sticks out of the litter. it says look at me!!

preeb

Poster Extraordinaire
Vendor Member

jcw

Tele-Meister
Great thread. Stumbled upon the 59 Les Paul build thread 3 weeks ago, still not finished with it yet, and came across this one as well. What an incredible journey - thanks so kuch for sharing, gentlemen.

telemcCaster

Tele-Holic
Can you see the picture Gil? It's a 335 shape made with Brazilian Rosewood veneers. It would probably sound better if it was built like a 335 because I believe the crest is hollow.