Tone Specific

Tele-Meister
Vendor Member
I enjoyed your demos. I appreciate your decision, to engage quality musicians, to show off your work;-)
:D

Thanks for you kind words. We were one of the first companies to jump on the Jay Leonard bandwagon. He has since gone in to do demos for some of the biggest gear brands.

We feel very fortunate that so many other top-notch musicians have decided to use our pickups. We work hard to make product that meets or exceeds their standards.

The only thing more gratifying than receiving an order from a well respected pro, is when they order sets for the rest of their guitars.

As for your slide guitar project, this set would work well but depending on how much slide you play, you might want to our 59 Blues set in one if your Strats that gets more playing time. Good Luck.

Tone Specific

Tele-Meister
Vendor Member
Some really great sounding pups I've heard. Would love to get a set on my Ibanez RG. Keep making awesome stuff!

Thanks for your kind words & thanks for signing up to this forum to enter our contest.

We are proud to attract so many new users to these guitar forums. Take a look around & join some other conversations, this is a great place to talk gear.

glenlivet

Tele-Afflicted
I've had this guitar for years...and never really bonded with it. It has a few things wrong with it.....so I decided to dive in and see if it could be salvaged, and made into a decent playing guitar.
With the new Squiers playing so well and being so cheap.......no reason to keep a bad playing strat around.

So I wound up doing some fret work (sharp fret ends..) and a new nut....and while I was at it ...I did a change out of the pick-guard (and all electronics)...a set of GOOD pickups would be some serious icing on the cake !!!!

Used to be white on white.....but I really like the tort guard, I think it gives it sort of an old-school classic look....

A few pics....

showing off the tan line.....
IMG_20190119_181000952.jpg

Original pickups...

IMG_20190119_191410303.jpg

IMG_20190119_164924397.jpg

IMG_20190212_100045127.jpg
IMG_20190119_201058516.jpg

Tone Specific

Tele-Meister
Vendor Member
I've had this guitar for years...and never really bonded with it. It has a few things wrong with it.....so I decided to dive in and see if it could be salvaged, and made into a decent playing guitar.
With the new Squiers playing so well and being so cheap.......no reason to keep a bad playing strat around.

So I wound up doing some fret work (sharp fret ends..) and a new nut....and while I was at it ...I did a change out of the pick-guard (and all electronics)...a set of GOOD pickups would be some serious icing on the cake !!!!

Used to be white on white.....but I really like the tort guard, I think it gives it sort of an old-school classic look....

Good Move on putting time in to getting that guitar performing correctly. Some of those late 90's MIM Fenders are pretty good. We know of few pros that have gigged with them for a couple of decades now. Of course, they've had a few fret jobs.

Once you have it dialed in, you'll likely have something much better than what the replacement price would buy you these days. Good Luck, it looks like a nice axe.

MrSparkle

TDPRI Member
Great demo by Jay. Your PAF Blues I recently installed are perhaps the best humbuckers I’ve ever had the pleasure of playing. Perfect eq. I’ve done a lot of pickup jumping in my life.

Is this the Strat set Mark Whitfield uses?

My #1 for a very long time was an ESP Strat that I sold 4 years ago. Loved that guitar's neck and the Strat in general, but couldn’t find the right pickups for that guitar. Based on your demos and my experience with your PAFs, I have a feeling these singles would give me the low end while still quacking, twanging and cutting, easy to dial treble, greasy.. Blues-wound single coils are my favorite. I’d get a new Strat to install these, maybe an MIJ or a Fender American.

Old video Below (7 years I think) doing warm up exercises before a gig on previously mentioned Strat (warning: mindless shredding) ..

Last edited:

Tone Specific

Tele-Meister
Vendor Member
Your PAF Blues I recently installed are perhaps the best humbuckers I’ve ever had the pleasure of playing. Perfect eq. I’ve done a lot of pickup jumping in my life.

Is this the Strat set Mark Whitfield uses?

Thanks for your kind words. We are very happy that you love the 1959 Blues P.A.F. set. We liked your video too, you should post a video of yourself shredding our 59 Blues Humbuckers.

Mark Whitfield plays the 1965 Deluxe Strat set. He said that he had tried every important Strat upgrade since 1983 and that out 65 Deluxe set was the best thing to ever happen to a Strat. Here is Mr. Whitfield playing his Strat with our 1965 Deluxe Set.

Tone Specific

Tele-Meister
Vendor Member
such great sounding pickups! I recently lost a friend who had an all original '54 Strat back in the '90s. I'd put this set in a lightly relic'd sunburst body and make it a tribute to him.

Everyone say Congrats to @ftbtx. This forum member since 2016 just won a set of our pickups.

@ftbtx, We just sent you a PM. Please respond to that message so we can get the set shipped to you.

Tone Specific

Tele-Meister
Vendor Member
We just announced a winner & this contest has concluded. We’ve had so much fun with these contests & we will be announcing another giveaway this week. Please check back at this thread to see what we will be giving away next.

ftbtx

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Everyone say Congrats to @ftbtx. This forum member since 2016 just won a set of our pickups.

@ftbtx, We just sent you a PM. Please respond to that message so we can get the set shipped to you.

I can't thank you enough, not just for this AMAZING prize (which I still can't believe), but for all the work you do for Guitars4Vets, such an important charity. Thank you so very much, this is something I'll never forget!!!!!!

MrSparkle

TDPRI Member

These are the PAF Blues. They turned my cheap beater box into a real guitar. :eek: Eventually I’ll put them in something better.

Honestly it’s been a rough year with Covid, losing a lot of music work. I had to sell several guitars (incl. a Benedetto and vintage Ibanez FG100) to make ends meet back in April, so winning your PAFs was the ultimate lucky break, and I’m not missing the 2 fancy hollow bodies at all with your pickups. Thanks again Tone Specific and congrats to ftbtx - those Strat pups are going to be killer!