Tone Specific

Tele-Meister
Vendor Member
Watch Jay Leonard demo our 1959 Blues Strat Set, the leave a comment below to be entered to win a free set of these great pickups.

Maybe you could tell us which of your guitars you would like to upgrade with these 1959 Blues Strat Pickups from Tone Specific. We will select one winner on August 30.

Tone Specific

Tele-Meister
Vendor Member
A special thanks to Red Circle Guitars for sponsoring this giveaway. Thanks to Jay too, he really showed the range of these pickups.

We truly appreciate the support of every customer, pro musician, luthier & dealer that are so kind to help spread the word about our work.

Red Circle really goes the extra mile for its customers. They always order well in advance in an effort to keep a bit of a supply. Basically they shell out their money & wait so customers don't have to.

Direct Orders are about 2-3 months out but Red Circle has a few sets remaining. Check them out at www.RedCircleGuitars.com

WallyD

TDPRI Member
Tone Specific makes amazing pickups....I already have a few sets this Blues Strat set is amazing. I sure could use another for my old SRV Strat....been wanted to upgrade that one for while now. Keep up the good work guys...don't let the trolls bring you down...best thing to happen to guitar since the amp!

Tone Specific

Tele-Meister
Vendor Member
Tone Specific makes amazing pickups....I already have a few sets this Blues Strat set is amazing.

“It sounds like the have Tubes in them...almost three dimensional. They just sound really sweet. I don’t how they do it but they even feel sweet. Just like vintage pickups but with more sustain and less noise. They are just amazing”

-Mike Gallaher, Legendary Guitarist - Joe Cocker, Leon Russell

Click here to learn about the New Virgil Arlo Collection from Tone Specific:

https://www.tdpri.com/threads/new-products-this-year.1059938/

Last edited:

mcdyas

NEW MEMBER!
I've got a Bloombucker set for my R0 and they are really outstanding. A set for my tele would nice too...

Danb541

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Those sound great. I'd like to put them in my relic partscaster.
IMG_4415.JPG
IMG_4416.JPG
IMG_4417.JPG
IMG_4418.JPG
IMG_4419.JPG
IMG_4420.JPG
IMG_4421.JPG

Tone Specific

Tele-Meister
Vendor Member
I've got a Bloombucker set for my R0 and they are really outstanding.

Thanks for your kind words. You look like a guy we met over at TGP forum. Thanks for coming over here to enter our contest. Let us apologize for anyone that might call you a troll. Look around and converse with the members here. There are some good people on this forum too.

Check out the Best Strat Pickups for Blues

Last edited:

Tone Specific

Tele-Meister
Vendor Member
Last edited:

Tone Specific

Tele-Meister
Vendor Member
I'd put them in my '95 Black Label Strat I got new when I was 12 and have been playing ever since.

How are the frets doing on that 95? Nothing sounds better than a guitar you've been playing for a quarter century. We'd be honored if our pickup found a home in such a special instrument.

Check out the Best Vintage Strat Pickups

Last edited:

Tone Specific

Tele-Meister
Vendor Member
2 Strats, 2 Teles!

Thats a good selection. Just out of curiosity, do you set them up pretty much they same? Or are the vastly different instruments with different radius, wood, sting gauge, action, tuning, etc...

We've come across some people that pretty much dial them all in the same and other guys that will have vintage style Strat & a modern Strat and they'll optimize them accordingly.

Here is some info about Upgrading Strat Pickups.

Last edited:

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Thats a good selection. Just out of curiosity, do you set them up pretty much they same? Or are the vastly different instruments with different radius, wood, sting gauge, action, tuning, etc...

We've come across some people that pretty much dial them all in the same and other guys that will have vintage style Strat & a modern Strat and they'll optimize them accordingly.
Well, the two Strats are near the same, both have Hot pickups and the EC mid boost in them. One problem Ihave is why doDO I make them the same? I should just keep one if that's the situation! :lol:
The Tele's are different beasts... one is hollow arched top with P90's.

Tone Specific

Tele-Meister
Vendor Member
Well, the two Strats are near the same, both have Hot pickups and the EC mid boost in them. One problem Ihave is why doDO I make them the same? I should just keep one if that's the situation! :lol:
The Tele's are different beasts... one is hollow arched top with P90's.

Perhaps if you win, you can make one of those Strats a little different with our 59 Blues Set. It's not overly hot & would work with or without the EC boost. Good Luck.

One of these days, we'll do a giveaway for our 1946 Deluxe P90 set so keep any eye out for new forum posts from us in the future. Here's a video of Doug Rapport just showing the range of our bridge P90.

ftbtx

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Thanks for the opportunity to win such great sounding pickups! I recently lost a friend who had an all original '54 Strat back in the '90s. I'd put this set in a lightly relic'd sunburst body and make it a tribute to him.

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
I enjoyed your demos. I appreciate your decision, to engage quality musicians, to show off your work;-)

I have a left-handed, plywood, dumpster Strat, which i'm renovating and intend to use, upside-down, for slide only. I'm trying to decide which type of pickups would work best- probably the twangy ones, for the kind of early 50s stuff I like. Or maybe the junky ones, that folks throw away, would best summon up that shoestring era? :D