1940s to early 1960s Classic Country Solo Tabs

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by finnsilverado, Jun 5, 2020.

1. finnsilverado

finnsilverado NEW MEMBER!

Well, hello you guys!

My Name is Finn, I'm 19 years old and from Wolfsburg, Germany.

A few years back I fell in love with listening to Classic Country Music and started playing it on guitar (Rhythm Guitar on my 2018 Martin Road Series).

Now, like two months ago, I got myself my first electric guitar, a Squire Affinity Tele in Butterscotch Blonde and now I would love to play some of the solo and licks of my favorite songs and artists.

So if anybody of guys has got some tabs of songs from Hank Williams, Buck Owens, Ernest Tubb, Faron Young, Carl Smith or other similarl artists, please share them right here.

Thank you all and best wishes
    Finn

Piotr likes this.
  2. BigbirdPhila

BigbirdPhila TDPRI Member

3. eclipse

eclipse Tele-Meister

4. eclipse

eclipse Tele-Meister

5. RomanS

RomanS Poster Extraordinaire

If you're not familiar with them, check out courses by MyTwangyGuitar and by Randy Richter (on YouTube, Udemy, and their private sites) - they have lots of rockabilly, mostly, but there are some classic country courses available by those two (and after all, there was quite a bit of overlap between 40/50s country and rockabilly, with guys like Grady Martin or Joe Maphis playing guitar for artists of both genres).

6. burtf51

burtf51 Tele-Holic

Very few people at your age have an appreciation and desire to learn more about classic country music and that alone is to be highly commended. I'm 68 yrs old and have been playing since I was around 9 years old and still practice everyday.

I'm no help when it comes to tab and such as I've played by ear all my life. John Hughey once told me years ago "if you can't hum it or sing it, you can't play it" ...don't forget the importance of ear training by humming and finding the notes to simple nursery rhymes etc using combinations of open and close notes in all keys and with lots of practice (you've got plenty of time ha) the melody notes will come to you to hear and know where they're located.

I really admire and appreciate so many players of any instrument and what they personally feel and hear to play but I've never wanted to try and emulate/imitate a player's style but rather play what I felt and heard in various genre tunes. But then that's just me.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.