18W TMB

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by Clintstone, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Clintstone

Clintstone Tele-Meister

Well I ran out of parts for my current Deluxe build so I switched to my 18 watt that has been on the back burner. I managed to get the heaters wired up today, I swear before my next one I am going to order better wire. I cheaped out and bought import wire, one of these days I will learn lol.
    20200330_214331.jpg

2. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

Looks good. Is that a kit or completely your build? Did you get ideas from 18watt.com?

3. Clintstone

Clintstone Tele-Meister

It's kind of a home brew combination of 18Watt.com and build your own clone. A friend of mine gave me an import cab that was supposed to be for a 50 watt plexi, but it was so poorly built that the chassis didn't fit. I custom built a one off chassis but I didn't need another 50 or 100 watt amp, so I am putting an 18 watter in instead. I have heard a few 18 watt master volume TMB amps and I think it should suit my needs, I guess we will find out.

4. BigDaddy23

BigDaddy23 Tele-Holic

These are great amps - I love the Normal channel on mine for cleans. They are a pretty busy chassis once you get deep into the build.

5. Clintstone

Clintstone Tele-Meister

I'm hoping that the full size head and chassis will give me a little breathing room compared to the combo version. I purposely stretched the chassis out as much as possible to allow a little extra space.

6. Bill Moore

Bill Moore Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

You can really stretch out in that chassis! I'm finishing another build before I get back to my 18W.

Clintstone likes this.
  7. printer2

printer2 Poster Extraordinaire

I was doing a EL84 cathode bias build with a Mosfet PI, I have been holding off because I am undecided about it maybe being an 18 Watt TMB. The problem I have is I did not expect the other hole for the tube and spaced them in a way that will make adding one a little more difficult. Still thinking about it.

8. Clintstone

Clintstone Tele-Meister

Made some more progress on the TMB18 tonight 20200426_205338.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.