17 years ago today (May 3rd) - TDPRI began

Discussion in 'Global Announcements' started by TDPRI, May 3, 2016.

1. Butch Snyder

Butch Snyder Tele-Afflicted

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to one THE best websites known to man. I remember the old Noam days back in 1997 when I first joined. I also remember when Noam took the site down; saying he was going back to school and didn't have the time to manage it. The forum members had pooled together their money and gave him a 51 Nocaster RI. People were very upset and some demanded he give the Nocaster back. IMO, a gift is a gift. Main thing was there would be no more TDP. Mr. Paul Green stepped up and, on his own, brought the TDP back as the TDPRI (very fitting, I thought).

This place, through the years, has been the defacto standard for all Tele knowledge. Thank you Paul for keeping this great tradition alive, well, and always progressively moving forward. You have never forgot where this place came from and you are always sensitive to all forum members. Happy Anniversary.

PeterUK likes this.
  2. thinkdifferent

thinkdifferent Tele-Meister

A little late to the party, but still...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to TDPRI!!! :)

And to the guys and gals behind the scenes: a big warm thank you for all the work you've done! It is much appreciated!!!
    Cheers

3. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

In my short time here, I've learned so much about guitars!—even after playing them for 45 years—it's been like a crash course, including the best guidance on putting my tele-style kit together. Reading here, I'm slowly getting the urge to really build a guitar.

How I wish I'd found this place 17 years ago! or even ten years ago (or five). But the discovery I'm experiencing now is exciting, TDPRI has helped rekindle my love affair with guitars and it's the best place for good info and good sense.

So let me join the chorus of thanks—Thank you!

4. JohnS

JohnS Friend of Leo's

The old days were great, no doubt, but the new days that Paul started from the ashes of the old TDP are greater still. I raise my glass in toast!

5. yojimbo

yojimbo Tele-Meister

i remember that!! Noam is a fairly well regarded bluegrass player now, if i'm not mistaken.

Butch Snyder likes this.
  6. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

Paul, moderators...I'm saying thanks again but for another reason. This site gave me the opportunity to become friends with people like Glenn Smith and Barbrainy(Andy). I am extremely grateful and will always be.

7. Rick Towne

Rick Towne Tele-Afflicted

An understatement....he plays with Chris Thile.

8. Bluesbob

Bluesbob Tele-Afflicted

Congratulations! And many more years of discussion, information and comraderie.

What, me worry?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.