1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

$16 stacked bridge humbucker

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by mikeyb, Dec 27, 2016.

1. mikeyb

mikeyb Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

Alnico V, string wrapped, four wires and sounds pretty much like a DiMarzio area T except much higher profile due to being two full size Tele pickups stacked.

Several vendors selling it on eBay. Mine arrived with the copper bottom plate unglued from the long trip but no electrical damage. Supplied screws were a bit long. A keeper.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152332933408?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Listing states 8k but read about 12k, two ~6k coils

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    3-Chord-Genius likes this.
  2. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

I'm a fan of stacked humbuckers. I had DiMarzio HS-3's in my strat and they sounded really nice... and no 60Hz hum! Of course there are those who complain about these for silly reasons ("sterile", "not authentic-sounding", etc.), things they wouldn't even notice if they weren't told they were stacked humbuckers.

And in reality, the price you paid is a reasonable price for just about any pickup considering what they are. Congrats!

3. AlterEgo

AlterEgo Tele-Meister

You should upload a recording to share the tone of that bad boy. In either event I'm sure you got your $16 worth!

callasabra likes this.
  4. Barncaster

Barncaster Doctor of Teleocity

Good score! I wind a good amount of stacked humbuckers and there are ways to get them to really sing. They are definitely an under-rated pickup configuration.
    Rob

5. mikeyb

mikeyb Tele-Meister

If I were selling them I would make a recording. Trust me, it sounds like a crisp alnico V single coil.

6. mikeyb

mikeyb Tele-Meister

Update:

I liked this pickup so much that I ordered another from a different vendor to compare service. There were three vendors selling the same one. Anyway, it was defective on arrival. One of the coils was open. I checked Ebay and all three listings had been pulled before the stock was sold, so I assume there was a quality problem that got caught. I got a full refund, so no loss.

Hope nobody else got a bad one on my recommendation. My wife yells at me every time I get anything from China but damn, it's practically free and Ebay backs it up 100%. My bad!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.