1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

$150 Amazon gift card

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by BedspreadPicnic, Jan 13, 2014.

1. BedspreadPicnic

BedspreadPicnic Tele-Meister

What awesome piece of gear/accessory should I buy?

2. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Poster Extraordinaire

CD's or MP3's to learn from...

spend twice as much on learning then you do on gear...this is my new philosophy...not that I have ever really been a gear hound.

3. Alex W

Alex W Friend of Leo's

Amazon carries a lot of guitar stuff. Just with Fender they've got a huge selection ranging from Custom Shop to Squier. Knocking $150 off the price of a nice Squier model would leave little out-of-pocket expense. My choice would be the Vintage Modified Bass VI. Ask me again in five minutes and I'll have a different opinion.

4. BradKM

BradKM Tele-Holic

I received a relatively large Amazon gift certificate for Christmas and went this route.

There was a problem with the guitar I received and I'm still in the middle of getting everything sorted out.

First issue: missing trem bar (non the standard Strat-style screw-in, kind of hard to find. Their solution: Send the guitar back. Didn't want to do that, so they offered me a generous discount, which I accepted. Trem bar turned out to be a moot point when I quickly realized the wiring was bad as well. A replacement guitar is on the way and the one I originally received (which based on the missing bar and the condition of the box, I believe had been previously returned) will go back tomorrow.

This will likely be my last online purchase of a new guitar. I had a nice (or lucky) run with several online guitar purchases, but my last two have been enough to push me towards a "local shops" only policy.

I'll use Amazon for gear purchases again, but probably only for effects or items from outside retailers that are "fulfilled by Amazon".

5. Shiro

Shiro Tele-Meister

I got a 100.00 amazon card for Xmas. I bought a Bravo, Ocean, Headphone amp. Cute little thing with a 12au7 tube in it. I use it with my Ipod and Seinhauser HD 280Headphones. Sounds awesome. Really smooths out mp3's

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.