15" recommendation

Ringo

Poster Extraordinaire
I have owned and used the Eminence Big Ben, I thought it was a great sounding speaker with Fender and Peavey amps. More recently I had a brown Fender Vibrasonic rebuild, I put a Celestion Fullback 15 in that amp and it sounded amazing, if I ever get another 15" speaker that's what I want.

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
The 15" Eminence in my Fralin VVT combo is one of the better guitar speakers I have ever heard. It would be a great choice if you can find them. Eminence built them to Fralin's specs so I don't know if they sell it or if you would have to contact them to special order it.

wildschwein

Tele-Afflicted
I played through a Celestion 100w 15" in the '90s and loved it. It was uber-chunky with an SF Bassman head. Not sure what model #speaker it was but they do make 100 watter today that looks the goods:

Mowgli

Tele-Meister
Speakers are so much a matter of TASTE (which is impacted by the upstream signal chain, style of music and volume needed).

I have a 15” alnico CTS Al dust cap spkr that’s probably rated ~ 20 watts. It was an old organ pull. With low wattage BF Fenders it sounds glorious and you would swear it was a fuller bodied vintage Jensen p12n. I usually pair it with vintage Jensens in an effort to protect all of the vintage speakers when playing a Bandmaster, Vibrolux or DR. I can’t believe how lucky I was to stumble across this gem.

Higher power 15” speakers in my order of taste preferences:

EVM-15B, JBL D-130f, EVM-15L, Weber Chicago & Peavey Black Widows all sound GREAT for cleans.

The Black Widows, the last I looked 2 years ago, were selling rather cheaply and sound great for country telecaster tones.

The EVM-15B rules for distortion tones followed closely by the EVM-15L.

YMMV.