1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

$129 Squire Bullet Tele LPB

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by philbeck, Nov 30, 2020.

1. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I think the "secret" as to how this can be done so cheaply, is they're not all the same. Some batches, individual guitars will knock you out and others will sit in a corner.

[​IMG]

I like Larry's approach. Find one in person that's got "it" and a fine, dark rosewood board as well. Pre-ordering is a tough, tough deal because you basically have to keep what they send you.

Look at the Red one that Call Me Al has posted an image of. Does anyone crave a rosewood board that is that bleached looking? I don't.

2. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Poster Extraordinaire

My 2019 LPB Bullet's body is about 1.5" thick. It feels slightly different from a full-thickness Tele between my body and my arm, but the difference isn't distracting.

3. Danb541

Danb541 Friend of Leo's

Doesn't look like a LPB to me. It looks too light. Am I the only one that thinks that?

Ronzo likes this.
  4. stepvan

stepvan Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I just got one this weekend and other than a fret polish,string change and lemon oil treatment it was definitely playable out of the gate. Intonation it a hair flat but not by much and will lower strings this weekend. But another of guitar for the money

5. stepvan

stepvan Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Oh and the body compared to my MIM tele is close to full thickness but maybe a 1/8" less on the Squier

6. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

thanks

7. LarryJunior

LarryJunior TDPRI Member

yes,this one was actually at my local gc for a long time, i guess because it had a defective finish issue,it was cloudy in some areas,i had played it a few times and it played really good but didn't really think about buying it much,well i had a 100 gift card i wanted to use right away,lol,,and they had dropped the price because of the bad finish so it was a no brainer.i may do a proper refinish and brass saddles,maybe pickups,pots,etc. next spring or summer.btw,these are indian laurel fretboards,this one is very rosewood-like color-wise,it feels pretty much the same too.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    bls82261 likes this.
  8. Willie Johnson

Willie Johnson Tele-Holic

I got mine out of a box from Amazon and I love it; got lucky. First time I've bought a guitar sight unseen. Probably the best setup I've gotten from a new guitar, too.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.