1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

$129 Squire Bullet Tele LPB

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by philbeck, Nov 30, 2020.

1. philbeck

philbeck TDPRI Member

Guitar Center is taking orders for this out of stock guitar now. Not sure how long the deal is for or when they'll be in stock but they can be reserved for $129 at the moment. I've been waiting for mine since August 28! We'll see. Soon I hope.

scook likes this.
  2. philbeck

philbeck TDPRI Member

3. 68Telebass

68Telebass Friend of Leo's

Very nice!! I got the Surf Green one at Musicians Friend for $129. I too, had to wait for it!! Got it a couple weeks ago- am planning some mods just for fun and experience!!

philbeck likes this.
  4. knavel

knavel Tele-Meister

I got the LPB over the summer and it confounds my brain how a guitar can be manufactured, shipped, import taxed and sold at a profit when the price is $129.

Two things: (1) I would call the color I received Ice Blue Metallic rather than LPB; and, (2) the nut must be a bit off on mine as the high 'E' pulls off of the fretboard relatively easily. Some might send a guitar back for that but I wasn't too terribly bothered given the circumstances. It's a very comfortable guitar to me with the rosewood-like board and I think a flatter radius.

nickmsmith and philbeck like this.
  5. LarryJunior

LarryJunior TDPRI Member

picked up this red sparkle for cheap becasue the finish was cloudy,just repainted the top,haven't felt the need to mod it yet,this one plays very nice compared to some other bullets i have checked out before 20201123_190817.jpg

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  6. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Poster Extraordinaire

Mine did that, too, and I think it's common (for proof, look at almost any straight-on photo of the guitar online) but I don't think the nut is the problem. I suspect that there was/is an error in the CNC program and the back of the neck pocket was/is being cut at a slight angle instead of straight across.

You can loosen the screws and bump the neck toward the bass side to align the strings properly, but I fixed mine semi-permanently by sticking a shim to the back wall of the pocket under the B and e strings.

philbeck and knavel like this.
  7. Dirtyclinic

Dirtyclinic TDPRI Member

I was watching an Anderton's Video on YouTube and they were saying a 109 British Pound guitar probably cost 28 to manufacture. The rest of the cost to the consumer is taxes, fees, transportation, mark up for retail, etc.

8. knavel

knavel Tele-Meister

That's unbelievably low! I would think that this cost only reflects actual materials used to make an instrument on a given day. I would question that it could possibly include a factoring in for the machinery, land use, software programming requirements, design costs, and the like. But maybe it does.

I think about what it would take in terms of cost and time for me to make a partscaster (Warmouth, electronics, pickups, paint, hardware, etc) not even accounting for my time versus this Squier and I can confirm I will never build my own guitar.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Tele-Meister

I got mine at regular price a few months ago. Definitely closer to Ice Blue Metallic than usual LPB. Frets were scratchy and unpolished, which it's the first time I'd encountered a Squier with this level of rough frets. Got them polished myself, and finished the fret ends myself, and it's not a bad neck now.

It is nice that these come with the closed tuners vs. the trapezoid tuners.

I will say that the finish on the body is definitely nice.

10. CarsAndGuitarsYT

CarsAndGuitarsYT TDPRI Member

This price is one of the things that will attract new players, plus a tele is just awesome!

bls82261 likes this.
  11. 61fury

61fury Friend of Leo's

What color/ brand of paint is that? It looks more orange. I like it.

12. LarryJunior

LarryJunior TDPRI Member

bullet.jpg thanks man.i sanded the red sparkle finish first just to rough it up alittle ,then i sprayed some VHT gold metallic high temperature engine paint and then some clear sealer .it's definitely a cheap home job but i'm happy for now.

61fury, bromdenlong and PaulNYC like this.
  13. thesamhill

thesamhill Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Looks fantastic to me. Are there problems that aren't showing up in the picture? Because if that's a cheap home job I might have to give it a shot...

14. LarryJunior

LarryJunior TDPRI Member

thanks,no problem really,i ended up doing the back and sides too.i just did really light coats from a distance so the sparkle still comes through the gold,it so it ended up looking like orange with the red sparkles still coming through.

thesamhill and philbeck like this.
  15. SuprHtr

SuprHtr Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Shimming the pocket! Brilliant! Why did I not think of that? I fixed my Squier Bass VI that had the low E dropping off the fret board by bumping the neck toward treble side, but I was worried it might creep back. I love simple fixes!

16. Call Me Al

Call Me Al Tele-Meister

Looks like the LPB is back to regular price. Just ordered a Squier Bullet Tele in Sparkle red, 150 from MF (but it was through eBay.) they also had the butterscotch on MF’s site for 140, but the wife convinced me to get the Red ;)

This is my first electric guitar (long time bass and acoustic guitar player.) stoked!! :D
    E574A872-D496-4066-B149-0EE408F541F5.jpeg

RiversQC and thesamhill like this.
  17. Mission6_OG

Mission6_OG Tele-Meister

That’s a nice guitar. My first electric was a Squier bullet Strat I’m tgat color and I loved that guitar!

Call Me Al likes this.
  18. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

My guess is that they lose money on each one but get it back when the player returns to buy 7 or 8 teles in a year after joining TDPRI!

stepvan and Call Me Al like this.
  19. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Is it a regular thickness body?

20. knavel

knavel Tele-Meister

Gosh I never think of these things. I had to put it in the attic for Christmas decoration. I'd have to measure it against my 70s Teles' thickness to answer your question. I can say the neck is on the shallower side, akin to the 59 Strat and Esquire in the family, whereas the 53 Tele's neck is more beefy and rounded.

rze99 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.