1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

100 Push Ups a Day Club

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by posttoastie, Apr 22, 2021.

1. posttoastie

posttoastie Tele-Afflicted

Anyone doing this?
    I have been doing this for about 3 months and like the results. I take an odd day or two off a few times as needed. I usually do 4 sets of 25=100 a day but sometimes will do a 40, 30 and 30 for the 100 total. I like how quick the workout is just doing this. But I do use dumbbells' also every other day also.

2. richiek65

richiek65 Friend of Leo's

Did a fund raise thing last year, 3500 pushups in 3 weeks or something like that.. Haven't done one since!

But well done you!

String Tree, Neener and posttoastie like this.
  3. VonBonfire

VonBonfire Tele-Meister

I do a couple sets of five push ups each day. The difference is I hold for ten seconds at the top of the pushup and then hold for ten seconds at the bottom of the pushup, nose to the floor. It is supposed to build mass instead of burning calories, so I'm told. I have def noticed an increase in my bicep size and overall arm strength over the past couple months.

I got it from some guy doing the "golden arms workout" without using any weights on youtube. I went from doing one pull up and maybe two chin ups to six pull ups and seven or eight chin ups. I've never been able to do more than one pull up at a time all my life previously. Definitely helps with the ranch chores having additional core strength

4. Cosmic Cowboy

Cosmic Cowboy Tele-Meister

I started doing 50/day about 2 years ago. No big deal. I also walk my dogs one at a time (3 dogs) to get some exercise.

Amazing what spending 1-2 minutes a day doing pushups does for my overall health and 'bedroom physique" lol.

Fretting out and posttoastie like this.
  5. IanMoss

IanMoss Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Pushups at age 100 (your profile) is impressive.

Anyways... I don't do 100 pushups a day. I'll do 30-50 a day (one set) 3 or 4x a week. I also keep some 12.5 kg (27.5 lbs) and 20 kg (44 lbs) dumbbells for my arms, delts, traps, etc. In the absence of a gym habit it is basically just routine physical maintenance.

Edit: dumbbells has two b's

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  6. Neener

Neener Tele-Holic

Yep I try and do 4-5 sets of 20. Not everyday but maybe 2-3 a week...

Sometimes I do 45 jumping jacks, 20 push ups, 25 something ab related...repeat 4-5 times...

Still out of shape but I feel better after I do it :D

7. Lucius Paisley

Lucius Paisley Tele-Afflicted

Thinking about it, also sit ups.

What I miss from when I did go to the gym is the rowing machine, but they've never seemed to be able to get the damn things to stay in one place.

Best feeling from a workout ever after using one of those. I'd sweat through everything and that was just my warmup.

TwoBear, Deeve and Fretting out like this.
  8. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

If I were to sit comfortably in an arm chair say six to ten feet from you, and keep track of your pushups, do you think I would derive a splendid health benefit equal to what you are receiving from your efforts?

9. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

Not a day, Once a week on chest day I do 100 sit ups and on leg day 100 calf raises

Don’t neglect the calf’s boys! Gotta grow em into cows!

I even got my official calf day shoes recently

Push ups not really

telestratosonic likes this.
  10. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

Oh yeah you posted the power lifting video on one of my threads

I just knew you were a fellow bodybuilding enthusiast!

posttoastie likes this.
  11. P-Nutz

P-Nutz Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I do 50 a day, have forever. During the six-week black belt cycle at our tae kwon do studio we're required to do 125/day for the six weeks. Even though I may or may not test again (I'm 60 and a fourth dan) I like to stay ready.

12. posttoastie

posttoastie Tele-Afflicted

This video got me to start doing 100 a day. I know, I am Rams fan also

13. Dennyf

Dennyf Tele-Afflicted

I don't do 100 a day every day. I do 3 sets of 40 at least twice a week. Also 3 sets of 20 dips, and three sets of 15 pull ups, one wide grip, one close grip pronated, one close grip supinated. Also a series of back stretches/ core strentheners, and one I made up, which is just lying on the floor and standing up as quickly as possible a number of times. I spread the high- effort exercises out across the week so I don't work too hard any one day. At 65, I'm not interested in anything more stressful than body weight exercises, but wish I could find something more effective for legs than just knee bends.

P-Nutz and Flip G like this.
  14. lammie200

lammie200 Friend of Leo's

I try to do 50 a day + 50 ab roller stretches.

P-Nutz likes this.
  15. BelairPlayer

BelairPlayer Tele-Afflicted

Perhaps, if you were to carefully point out the flaws in his technique, then yes. Also, I believe the technical term for the fellow who does that is “foreman”.

Oldsmobum and Toto'sDad like this.
  16. SRHmusic

SRHmusic Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Might need to be lifting something with your hands and arms, like chips in one hand and a beer in the other.

Toto'sDad and P-Nutz like this.
  17. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

Not for a while. Wrist issues.

P-Nutz likes this.
  18. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

I do that once a week as part of a AMRAP high-intensity workout; along with 50 pullups and 150 air squats.*

*Actually, I did that a couple times but had to back off the volume because it was causing havoc with my shoulders; now I'm building back towards it.

19. Dan German

Dan German Doctor of Teleocity

Not so big on pushups, but I go to the gym a few times a week. I bench press three forty-five, three fifty...

...four o’clock, whatever time I get there. :D

20. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

I do three sets to failure with 90 seconds in between each set, then some burpees, walk a couple of miles a day, and play soccer on Sundays. I gained some weight during the first part of quarantine last year. Had a free subscription to the Nike app and started one of the programs with a trainer named Kirsty Godso. It was all cardio and body weight HIT workouts. She whipped my butt into shape. I have been slacking lately, but plan on restarting the program.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.