10 Reasons Why Vintage Guitars Are Not Worth The Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougM

Poster Extraordinaire
Let's use some logic on this guy....

"So you have to ask yourself a question. Why the hell would I want to listen the original Elvis when I can go buy tickets to see an impersonator who's younger and in better condition? Why would I want to buy a autograph of Johnny Cash that I'm afraid to take out of the bank when I can go down to Local Bar on the weekend and get the lead vocalists to sign one for literally one percent of the price of an old one? Why would I sell the house I live in and sleep in my car to buy a CD by Jimmy Hendrix when I can get newer musician of equal talent to sit in my living room and play "Purple Haze" and have a place to sleep at night? Frankly, I don't know the answer to those questions."

Not bad if I do say so myself...
Who the hell is Jimmy Hendrix? Is he Jimi's long lost twin except with no talent?

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
😉
the_walking_thread.png

JIMMY JAZZMAN

Tele-Holic
When I was a teen the vintage stuff was brand new, and I couldn't afford it. Now I'm in my
70's and I STILL CAN'T AFFORD IT. But I can afford the new stuff, and it's great. Even the
cheaper guitars today are far superior to those in the 50's and 60's. If you have more money
then brains, by all means buy what you want. Just remember, you can't take it with you and your
grandchildren may want to go to college or even buy a new guitar. Just sayin'. Nuff said.

JIMMY JAZZMAN

Tele-Holic
Side note: Gene Autry was a great gentleman, and the only cowboy who never got dirty or disgusted. He
sang on key and played his guitar with precision. He was my favorite cowboy growing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.