1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

1 year anniversary with my partscaster!

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by stephenc498, Mar 3, 2020.

1. stephenc498

stephenc498 TDPRI Member

I’m so thankful for all the help (and entertainment) in this sub! I can’t believe it’s been a year since I threw together my first guitar. From the minute I set her up she’s been great, only change I’ve made is the pickguard color. Pure Vintage ‘64 pickups are just awesome! If anybody’s got any questions about the build throw them my way!

https://imgur.com/gallery/JJn4l4W

2. bumnote

bumnote Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

I've done 2 Teles and one hardtail Strat...they're my favorites. Getting to pick out your specs and pickups to match the finish you want...what's not to love.

Be careful...assembling your own guitars gets really addictive.

I have the PV64's in my AO 60's. I love those pickups! They're the only pickups I've never done anything to...no treble bleed, which is what I've always done on all my Strats and Teles...never even a passing thought of replacing them. Fender really did a phenomenal job on those pickups.

3. stephenc498

stephenc498 TDPRI Member

They
    They really did! I was on the brink of buying hand-wound ones and for some reason just loved the sound of these in demos I watched. I honestly couldn’t be happier and haven’t been tempted my hand wounds since I got them.

I have definitely been tempted to build another though! I’ll keep trying to hold off

4. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Best teles I own are the ones ive built. The best feeling is that you built one to your specs and as good or better than that 2k tele at the store. Glad your still enjoying her. 20160521_135956_zps2a2csh4d.jpg

heffus and stephenc498 like this.
  5. Gclef

Gclef TDPRI Member

[​IMG]

My two warmoths.

I built the tele first. I love it, but want something smaller than the fatback neck it currently has.

The strat came 10 years later and is on its second and last set of pickups. This guy is my most familiar guitar.

I am starting to get the itch for another strat type.

I love everything about the process.

Planning
    Obsessing
    More planning
    More obsessing
    Waiting
    More waiting.
    The acquisition of parts
    The assembly and set up.

The first strum

6. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

Yay!

[​IMG]

Jlwctn likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.