1,626 kernels -- the lethal dose of Candy Corn

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
My all time favorite piece of jewelry. A belt buckle by the late great Ken Cory!

BM8Dx97_LIvuT_u0g55WXCj2tIb61u7Utl4SHpZzVt7D2PCuRKAO8hpEPPQLHRSLKn1JHkRXGV38DMKRkGk9SJIANKKd48QbRpCl0UWP78Az-E-n0TPtwnuVhAFmDsj0SRuZI3odYqdpHEQSnNU3EbpcxllnOLnuT8A7u6ghZvxCng7rq4xwQRjAXvhAn2H2sWGJiH0KeIv1acMhqb5Y57RK

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Never liked candy corn, never really liked much chocolate stuff. However, that compressed fruity sugar stuff like Sprees, Nerds, Sweet-Tarts, Bottle Caps and the gooey fruity ones like Jelly Beans, Skittles, Mike N Ikes, etc... Those will be my downfall. I also love all that awful "Old People Candy Dish" stuff that used to come around the holidays. Cut rock, ribbon candy, Arabian Mix, etc. I have a theory that they stopped making that stuff sometime around 1977, and each year they just bring out a big batch that's been sitting in a warehouse for almost 50 years.

I recently went to town on some chewy Gobstoppers and felt really crappy after 20 minutes or so. I didn't really have a lot of them- maybe 10 or 15. Makes me wonder if I should get tested for the Beetus.
Sure you're not thinking about Christmas fruitcakes sitting around in a warehouse? I believe there's only about a hundred actually in existence, that keep getting passed around as gifts every year.
(just kidding. I HAVE had good fruitcake....and it IS good)

stxrus

Poster Extraordinaire
Candy Corn is one candy I truly loathe. Peeps is another one. I’d probably kill for anything Reese’s

We made root beer floats Saturday. The first one I’ve had in probably 25 years. OMG they are so good but I was so bloated afterwards. An hour later I began to recover. It’ll be a while before I have another

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Candy Corn is one candy I truly loathe. Peeps is another one. I’d probably kill for anything Reese’s

We made root beer floats Saturday. The first one I’ve had in probably 25 years. OMG they are so good but I was so bloated afterwards. An hour later I began to recover. It’ll be a while before I have another

Do not pass gas after eating Root Beer Floats you will strike PAYDAY!

rojo412

Tele-Meister
Completely unrelated (other than being candy): read reviews of sugar free haribo gummy bears.
THAT sounds way more lethal than candy corn. :eek:

fishermike

Tele-Meister
Just a reminder on the science here: they're talking about "LD50", as in the lethal dose for 50% of those who eat that many.

Also known as "the weak ones".

I'm sure everyone here would be fine. :lol:

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Lemme see there was four hundred on Saturday, then five hundred on Sunday, Oh I forgot about Thursday, and Friday, 1621! Wow, that was close, time to switch over to Reece's Peanut Butter cups!
Speaking of Reece's Peanut Butter Cups....has anyone tried the new (at least to me) ones with dark chocolate? They're GOOD.....but I like the milk chocolate better. ;)

rz350

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I tried candy corn a few times about 45 years ago, it was like eating crayons...

I currently eat almost no sugar, I've got enough problems, don't need any more....

Corn Syrup is the worst for me, pure evil....

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I tried candy corn a few times about 45 years ago, it was like eating crayons...

I currently eat almost no sugar, I've got enough problems, don't need any more....

Corn Syrup is the worst for me, pure evil....
Someday, I believe research is going to show that Corn Syrup Sweetener is at the root of many of today's problems.....including Diabetes and ADHD. :(