08 squier vintage modified telecaster custom

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Shiloh77, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Shiloh77

Shiloh77 TDPRI Member

I have a 2008 squier vintage modified telecaster custom and was thinking of changing the pickups out to one of Fenders new cunife wide range(there supposed to be just like the 70s ones) in the bridge and was thinking about putting a Seymour Duncan pearly gates in tha bridge. I changed my string trees out to roller style, and I have 6 brand new brass saddles coming for it, and more than likely I was gonna change the tuners out to locking ones,has anyone used these pickups, or have any thoughts

FortyEight and 68Telebass like this.
  2. 68Telebass

68Telebass Tele-Afflicted

Welcome aboard from Sunny Arizona!!
    Sounds like great choices!! I think the tuners and saddles will get you mostly there- the new CuNiFe WRHB should be SWEET!! worth as much as the whole guitar at this point!! Go For it!!
    Carl

3. Shiloh77

Shiloh77 TDPRI Member

Yea true, but I think shell be screaming then, was also thinking maybe put push pull type thing on tha pickups. Yea tha cunife pickup is 200, and that's what I paid for tha tele in local pawn shop, been wanting a tele a long time, and went In that one day and there she was....

68Telebass likes this.
  4. puddin

puddin Tele-Holic

I've used CuNiFe for many years. That pickup will be a great improvement. Worth 200.00 all day. Cheers..

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Shiloh77 likes this.
  5. Shiloh77

Shiloh77 TDPRI Member

Cool. Thanks. From what I've seen and read and heard and researched, I think it will sound amazing

6. MonkeyJefferson

MonkeyJefferson Tele-Holic

My ‘09 Custom II has seen lots of actual gigs, 1000’s of hours of dirty handed practice, and she’s still stock. I will need to swap the pots, as they’re getting scratchy, I’ve hot-rodded lots of guitars, but I just don’t want to mess with this mojo.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.