1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

“Warmoth Custom Les Paul” funny name from a seller that has no idea about it

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by waltschwarzkopf, Nov 16, 2017.

1. nsmith01tx

nsmith01tx Tele-Meister

You should assume that it does need a good setup in any case, so (assuming you're going to have that professionally done) figure that into your cost. The parts look great, if it's put together & set up properly it should be a really nice guitar.

2. Jakedog

Jakedog Telefied Ad Free Member

I would rather have that guitar than anything made by Epiphone. Hands down. If I were in the market for an LP style guitar, and could choose between that and an Epiphone, I'd buy that Warmoth for $500 in a heartbeat.

waltschwarzkopf likes this.
  3. Anode100

Anode100 Friend of Leo's

That certainly looks like a well made instrument - but you'll know more once you've played it.

I like the blue finish, and it does seem to be well spec'd.

If it's *not* what you're looking for, try the ESP Ltd range - I have one the '256', and it's a solid guitar at a decent price IMO.

4. jman72

jman72 Tele-Afflicted

For $400 bucks, I'd be all over that guitar! Even if it isn't perfectly set up, the parts are worth way more than that and it can always be worked on. I love the blue color and the maple fretboard on that- much better than any Epiphone if it is what he says it is.

Jakedog likes this.
  5. thegaijin

thegaijin Tele-Meister

I’d be over that like Oprah on a donut. Lift it before someone else does

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    waltschwarzkopf and Jakedog like this.
  6. dogwatermike

dogwatermike Tele-Meister

I have a warmoth parts guitar exactly like this! Blue quilt maple, mahogany body, flame maple Neck. I bought the body and neck, and put it together....plays great after a setup. For me, I like the beautiful wood..... the body these days new is over $500, and the neck is over $400 USD.... $400 is a killer deal!!!

7. Widerange Hum

Widerange Hum Tele-Holic

It's not my cup of tea at all (quilty top, choice of control placement), but it's worth way more than $400 unless it's possessed by evil spirits or packed with explosives. If I were him, I'd have laughed off the lowball offer, but he obviously doesn't want to spend the time researching and selling it to get what it's really worth, so you lucked out. Be nice to him when you see him, because he's done you a favor unless it's stolen.

Something to check for: check board radius (will be marked on heel) against the radius of that bridge. If they're not well matched then you may need a different bridge.

8. waltschwarzkopf

waltschwarzkopf Tele-Meister

UPDATE

The seller's an idiot... Here's why:

On Friday evening we agree that I will go and see/play the guitar on Saturday morning and since his house is 1:30hrs away I have to plan ahead and leave early. On Saturday morning, I receive an e-mail from Ricardo (swiss eBay) saying that the listing had ended, so I go look it up and see that it had ended with an offer of 490CHF (instead of the 550CHF), I feel a bit relieved so I can go for the Les Paul that I want (not this hybrid). Nevertheless, I contact him just to make sure and he says that he had removed the listing because someone had offered him a guitar in exchange. I say "ok", better for him because he was looking to exchange for another guitar.

I do things calmly at home instead of rushing out at 8 am to go and see this guitar; I tell the other guy from the Les Paul that I will see it on Sunday and also make plans for the rest of the weekend. Then, the Warmoth seller sends me a message asking when will I arrive at his house. So I tell him, "you told me that you will exchange the guitar, so there is no need for me to come over anymore" and then he says that he doesn't need the other guitar...

Then why cancel the listing? Why tell me that he was offered to exchange it?

I told him that I could come in the afternoon and he said that he doesn't have time and yadda yadda yadda a week is lost because I don't have time to go during weekdays.

As a side note, I did get a guitar and it rocks! I'm thinking about a few mods that I want to perform just for personal taste.

IF he gets back to me AND I have time, I may go see the guitar just to try it out. I don't want it and I don't need it, but if he drops the price a bit more I may take it off his hands just because it looks nice and could be a good investment. Otherwise, I'll save my money and focus on playing.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.