1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

“Tonight The Bottle”...

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by telesavant, Dec 4, 2018.

1. telesavant

telesavant Tele-Holic

Thanks, Tony!!

2. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire

Fantastic playing, man! I love the pedal steel licks with and without the benders.

I have to say… That’s one of the coolest telecasters I’ve ever seen in my life. It looks like you have both a B bender and a G bender on it and your pickup and switching configuration…well, how does that work?

It sure sounds good.

3. telesavant

telesavant Tele-Holic

Thanks, El Tele Lobo!!
    Here’s some illumination:
    WHERE DO I START?
    THE DAKOTA RED......... THIS IS A FENDER CUSTOM SHOP, MASTERBUILT, FRED STEWART, HE DUBBED THE "COWBOY PIMPMOBILE TELECASTER". APPOINTMENTS; THE NECK: 15" RADIUS, 2" WIDE AT THE NUT, 1" THICK AT THE NUT, EBONY BOARD OVER BIRDSEYE, CHROME VINTAGE KLUSONS, ABALONE INLAYS, ODENTIA CHROME DECAL, MATCHING DAKOTA RED HEADSTOCK WITH BINDING, AND THE REAR OF THE NECK IS FLAT DOWN TO THE 5 OR 6 FRET WHERE ID MORPHES INTO A MODIFIED "D" SHAPE....JUST LIKE A CLASSICAL.....THIS NECK HAD TO BE HAND SHAPED, AS IT WAS TOO WIDE FOR THEIR CNC. THE BODY: DOUBLE BOUND, DAKOTA RED,CHROME HARDWARE, PARSONS/WHITE B/G BENDER, 5 PICKUPS.....THE 4 ON THE PICKGUARD ARE JAGUAR PICKUPS, WITH CUSTOM SHOP CHROME COVERS, AND THE BRIDGE PICKUP IS A FRED STUART MODIFIED VINTAGE ESQUIRE. THE 4 PICKUPS ON THE PICKGUARD ARE SWITCHED VIA A FENDER BASS VI SWITCHPLATE, AND THE THREE WAY TELE SWITCH SWITCHES BETWEEN THE BRIDGE PICKUP, THE PICKGUARD PICKUPS, AND A COMBINATION OF BOTH IN THE CENTER......I HAVE A SHUNT ON THAT SWITCH FOR MY TWO FAVORITE POSITIONS, AND A VINTAGE TELE BRIDGE. SERIAL # IS MY BIRTHDAY AND IS ONE OF A PAIR FROM FRED STUART.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    GreatGaudy and El Tele Lobo like this.
  4. El Tele Lobo

Wow! That is so cool! Jag pickups! Oh man! I just checked out some of your other vids and subscribed to your channel. Thank you so much for sharing the background on your very cool and unique tele!

5. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Did that guitar come with an instruction manual ? Maybe a YouTube video on how to operate it ? :eek:

Back up in Ct , the olden days, when we all kinda knew each other and were able to see each other play now and then, Paul was always the innovator. He wasn't happy with a Tele and a Twin Reveb , he had Boogies, not one, I think two or three ! He was always experimenting out of the box with his playing as well. There were some really fine players coming out of that region at that booming time , Paul was clearly one that made many of us take notice and shake our heads ! Plus he was a good guy !

Oh yeh, he told me he still has those Boogies !

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    El Tele Lobo likes this.
  6. telesavant

telesavant Tele-Holic

Thanks, Tony; for the much too kind words!! I think I have 6 boogies now and 6 cabs to boot!! Here’s a tune that lends itself well to the B Bender, as well as the Kitchen Sink!!...”Faded Love”.

El Tele Lobo and asatfan like this.
  7. GreatGaudy

GreatGaudy Tele-Meister

Post a pic of it while it's not moving !

8. telesavant

telesavant Tele-Holic

I tried earlier...seemed they were locked, will try again[emoji51] IMG_8838.JPG IMG_8839.JPG IMG_8842.JPG IMG_8840.JPG

9. telesavant

telesavant Tele-Holic

Toe Tapper...”Bend Overture”

10. El Tele Lobo

11. El Tele Lobo

Love it, man! So smooth!

12. GreatGaudy

GreatGaudy Tele-Meister

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.