“Stop Your Sobbing” Kinks Cover

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Wonderful, man. Besides a great arrangement and performance...you've got impeccable taste! :)

mrsongbird

Tele-Meister
I'm fairly sure the Kinks had a lot to do with how and why I ended up in North London all the way from Michigan. I ride my bike everyday up Muswell Hill now.

That’s awesome- where in Michigan you from (answer must be in the form of pointing to your hand)? I’m from the bottom of the thumb- Romeo, MI.

knavel

Tele-Holic
That’s awesome- where in Michigan you from (answer must be in the form of pointing to your hand)? I’m from the bottom of the thumb- Romeo, MI.
No hand map needed! I used to go out to Romeo in the 70s as my cousins were there. Myself, I started in Detroit like so many and finished in Bloomfield Township. This was a long time ago. Aside from a 3 year stint for graduate school I haven't lived in MI since 1989.

drewg

Tele-Holic
Very nice arrangement! Love the Kinks and I'm sad to say I didn't even know that song.

How do you do the simultaneous, remote recording? Is that some kind of platform I should know about? (Excuse my ignorance).

mrsongbird

Tele-Meister
Very nice arrangement! Love the Kinks and I'm sad to say I didn't even know that song.

How do you do the simultaneous, remote recording? Is that some kind of platform I should know about? (Excuse my ignorance).

Thanks so much for listening! I use plain old iMovie on my phone. I take the first video (me with rhythm guitar), use an app to strip the mp3 off of it, and send that mp3 to any collaborators. They take a video of themselves playing to my original track in their ears, send me their video and I line them up on iMovie!

Martian

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
That was great, thank you! Cool song to pick and I really appreciate the mandolin. Now, if I were managing you I’d say, a trio of identical triplets is a very rare thing. Take advantage of it. Go everywhere together, and in matching clothing if possible. I’m assuming you are the singer, the thoughtful one. The mando brother (we’ll call him Mando) will be the “cute” one; he’ll get the girls. Deal with it. And your brother on bass (we’ll call him Basso) will need to work on his stage presence. Think, silent but zany. Can he make his eyes pop out or roll around? That would be a serious plus. We’ll need to recut the song as I’d like him to sing the “Better stop sobbing, now” line, in the lowest, froggy-est voice he can muster. Trust me, it’ll work.
Seriously, thanks for sharing this...and, Happy Thanksgiving!

drewg

Tele-Holic
Thanks so much for listening! I use plain old iMovie on my phone. I take the first video (me with rhythm guitar), use an app to strip the mp3 off of it, and send that mp3 to any collaborators. They take a video of themselves playing to my original track in their ears, send me their video and I line them up on iMovie!
Very nice job on the production, and thanks for walking me through it. I think I get it.

richiek65

Poster Extraordinaire
Get this :

I'd never heard of the song before, then the same day i read this thread, I'm watching an episode of the Queen's Gambit and the song comes on...

mrsongbird

Tele-Meister
Get this :

I'd never heard of the song before, then the same day i read this thread, I'm watching an episode of the Queen's Gambit and the song comes on...

That’s what reminded me of it! It was on a greatest hits collection I had as a teenager- I’ve always loved it. I used to sing it to my kids when they cries as babies. I hadn’t heard it in a while and then ol’ Beth Harmon smashing the chess patriarchy brought it back!