‘22 Squier Deluxe Tele

WrayGun

Friend of Leo's
A (barely) nearby young man is offering to make me a trade for his brand-new (2022) Squier Deluxe Tele, and I am trying to discern what exactly makes a Deluxe of this vintage, well, “Deluxe.” Is it just the dual humbuckers? Is there anything particularly “deluxe” about them? Or just the marketing buzzword of the month? Thanks for any translation help.

Attachments

• 1BFC109E-52F8-4165-8CBA-899A17BCAAD9.jpeg
    1BFC109E-52F8-4165-8CBA-899A17BCAAD9.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 78

Papanate

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
A (barely) nearby young man is offering to make me a trade for his brand-new (2022) Squier Deluxe Tele, and I am trying to discern what exactly makes a Deluxe of this vintage, well, “Deluxe.” Is it just the dual humbuckers? Is there anything particularly “deluxe” about them? Or just the marketing buzzword of the month? Thanks for any translation help.
Yes Dual Humbuckers - Wide headstock - 4 controls - large Pickguard - A Decent guitar - Here's one.

gedz5fvjyo3xn7nc6y9k.jpg

backporchmusic

Poster Extraordinaire
Please note that it is an 'Affinity' deluxe, not a Vintage Modified or Classic Vibe. It sells for $299 new (was $279 until recently). That is when it's not on sale or available at 15% discount time for $255.

PCollen

Friend of Leo's
Among guitars however, it CAN connote both lower end and good. Exhibit A, my MIM Deluxe that's actually my go-to guitar nowadays (notice the subtle mod though):

View attachment 971307
msalama posted:
"PCollen said:
typically connotes lower end models" .

My actual comment was " Among automobiles, it typically connotes lower end models " You should take care to quote an entire statement so that the proper context is clear. Otherwise , given that this thread is about a Squier Deluxe guitar, readers might gather that my comment refers to the Squier Deluxe guitar when, in fact, it does not.

msalama

Tele-Holic
You're of course right per se and in principle, but our comments are adjacent and folks most likely read them sequentially in one go.