¿What guitar do you like the least? Comparison of eight different guitars playing the same melody

maverick-tx

TDPRI Member
Without even listening I can already say with 90% certainty that the D’angelico loses. I’ve played several and they all sounded very uninspiring. I think they look cool which is why I keep trying them when I see them in a store but so far they all sound like a cheap turd.

RomanS

Poster Extraordinaire
Favorite: ES335, followed by Ibanez GB10; clear treble, but plenty of warmth.

Least favorite: Sheraton, followed by the D'Angelico; smeary, grainy, fuzzy treble, too compressed.

VonBonfire

Tele-Holic
Sheraton would've faired better with a set of 57 classics in it. I've yet to see a Sheraton that wasn't a super nice guitar, electronics aside. Even the chinese Sheraton II Pro is a well put together rig. The five piece neck places it way above it's price in range in terms of construction quality.

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
So similar.
Best? The GB Ibanez maybe. And that's surprising with the Minibuckers.
The only one that sounded 'less' than the rest to me was (surprisingly) the L4. It seemed to have less body or girth to the sound.

But the reality is, with pot production values varying +/- 10% resistance, any difference could simply be that.
I'd have to hear some varying sounds to make a choice really. Crunchy bridge pup as well as these nice jazzy sounds.

Bourbon Burst

Tele-Meister
The George Benson model he used was the inexpensive one that isn't made in Japan (which I have). Wish he would have used that one...