¿ Issues with Janglebox MKI?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Wpaul63, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Wpaul63

Wpaul63 NEW MEMBER!

Hi TeleStompsters

New member (long time lurker) with a quick question re the JangleBox MKI pedal which I bought secondhand online.

Is it correct that the compression knob on the right hand side of the pedal kills the output if the knob is turned all the way CCW (to the left)?

How "dark" are the Normal and Dark settings? When I select them I have the feeling that they are way too dark for a normal use (whereas the bright side is awesome indeed).

Thank you for reading!

Paul

2. lefty73

lefty73 Tele-Afflicted

So I'm assuming you bought it, but haven't yet received it. I'm also assuming by MK1 you mean the black box version with orange (maybe it's red?) color font for "JangleBox" and the J-shaped note between the two knobs. Speaking of the knobs, on that version, there are two knobs: Gain (left) and Attack (right). The 3-position toggle is in the middle.

The Attack knob controls the intensity of the compression. Gain simultaneously sets overall volume and amount of compression. I don't believe the Gain knob all the way counter-clockwise would essentially mute the pedal, but anything's possible I suppose. I just can't imagine why.

For a sense of the EQ curve of "Normal" and "Dark", check out this video.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  3. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

¿?

4. Wpaul63

Wpaul63 NEW MEMBER!

Thx Lefty
    I actually do have the compressor with me.
    I do think there is an issue with the *right-hand* control. As I said, when turned all the way left (CCW) the volume is completely cut off, and I have the feeling that this shouldn't be (hence the post).
    As far as the tones of the center and left toggle positions I think that my hearing was thrown off from playing too much with the bright setting...when I selected the other settings my ears where too accustomed to the brighter position ;-)

Paul

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.