• bumping this to reflect new price, knocked $250 off
Pushing this on Reverb, TDPRI discounted price is $2500 shipped. Any questions, let me know!
Up for sale is my Custom Shop Tele, affectionately referred to as Moby Dick.. because, well, look at it.
I am the second owner of this 2007 NAMM special. Purchased in 2017. Both of us took care of this immaculate guitar - blemishes you see are part of the art. COA and all case candy sealed and intact in original Custom Shop case.
Extremely light and responsive Tele - rarely have I played an electric that you can drive so effortlessly with touch and attack. Takes a second to get the hang of taming the thing. You get the best of both worlds. The Seymour Duncan HB is warm and round but can be driven for thick lead work. The Nocaster bridge pickup absolutely sears on solos or twangs for chicken pickin'. Big brass saddles add even more spank -- but came with spare steel saddles (also reliced) if that's your preference. Select the middle position and you get a rich, shimmering blend.
Quartersawn, finish-free neck feels so good. Frets are tall and clean. Fast and roomy.
Has been gigged with a half dozen times, mostly used for recording and home enjoyment. Smoke free. I cleaned up some residue on the frets but otherwise could find nothing discernibly wrong with the thing. It has not had a pro set-up since I got it, so that couldn't hurt - but action is comfy and intonation is solid. The volume dial had a slight wobble when I got it. Tightened myself. Electronics are A+. One latch on case doesn't "pop" all the way up when you click it open. Otherwise perfect.
I will probably regret letting this one go.
Please reach out with any questions!
From limited info found online from one of this guitar's siblings:
• 2007 USA model Lightweight Ash Body Nitrocellulose
• Laquer Three-Ply Mint Green Pickguard
• Maple Cap Neck Mid-60’s Oval C-Neck Shape
• 9.5 Inch Fretboard Radius
• Dunlop 6105 Frets
• Finish Removed From Neck Back
• Schaller 70's "F" Style Tuners
• "Transition" Style Headstock
• Detail Vintage StyleTelecaster Bridge Strings Through Body
• Pickups/Electronics: Fender 51 NoCaster Lead Single Coil Pickup Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59 Humbucking Pickup in Rhythm Three Way Pickup Selector With Modern Wiring
• Custom Shop Hard Shell Case And COA Included
This guitar looks, plays, and sounds amazing. It is light weight and highly resonant. One of the best Custom Shop Telecasters we have had the pleasure of offering for sale. A great guitar in every respect. Hard to find this model, not very many of these were made. List price $4900.
And finally, here's @GregsGuitars taking one of these models for a spin:
- Item Location? (required):
- Brooklyn, NY