Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

ZZ Top jobbie

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by EMan, Feb 13, 2006.

1. EMan

EMan Tele-Holic

Apr 6, 2003
    Dallas, Texas

2. Madhatter

Madhatter Tele-Meister

Jan 10, 2006
    sounds nice...
    I was waiting to hear you sing tho...lol

3. EMan

EMan Tele-Holic

Apr 6, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Thanks for the comment!

When I finished all the music for this...I thought....well, what about the melody/lyrics?

Without going into a lot of boring details...the music took a long time to make...as I did an experiment...recording various chords in cifferent synth voices, and using my drum program to sequence them.

With all the time I had in it..I just couldn't sacrifice it with my totally non-musical voice .. :)

4. pc

pc Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I'd forgotten all about this tune but it was always one of my favorites of their later stuff. Your synth programming was spot-on and as always, I enjoyed your playing.

5. EMan

EMan Tele-Holic

Apr 6, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Thanks a heap, pc.

I had actually forgotten about that one as well. Was surfing around for another ZZ tune (MIDI file), and just, for whatever reason, downloaded Roughboy.

A few days later, I had that MIDI file playing while I was doing other stuff...and though...that's a pretty cool tune....and it sorta snowballed .. :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.