Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

ZZ Guitarworks Bigsby Mount Kit

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Dave Hopping, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Dave Hopping

Dave Hopping Friend of Leo's

Jun 28, 2006
    Aurora,Colorado
    I've been wanting a Bigsby on one of my Telecasters,but have been reluctant to hack up the front with screw holes.Seems like ZZ's mount kit solves the problem (and BTW allows you to move the Bigsby from one Tele to another).Has anyone used this product? Thumbs up? Or down?

2. RothnRoll

RothnRoll Tele-Meister

Feb 21, 2007
    Texas
    I am wondering the same.
    Also.. does it day "Licensed" under the Bigsby logo?

3. Dave Hopping

Dave Hopping Friend of Leo's

Jun 28, 2006
    Aurora,Colorado
    Well,I went ahead and ordered a pair of baseplates(because I had a couple of B5's handy) It'll take a couple of weeks to get them here and mounted.I'll post the results.One is going on one of the Teles,not sure which yet,and the other on a Les Paul Faded double-cut.
    Roth-Yes,ZZ's complete kits do come at present with a made-under-license Bigsby,but you can order the kit without the Bigsby and supply one yourself.

4. RothnRoll

RothnRoll Tele-Meister

Feb 21, 2007
    Texas
    I emailed them and they told me the same thing.
    I have a B5 I can put on there..
    The only thing that bothers me is the "ZZ" on the baseplate!

5. RomanS

RomanS Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 21, 2006
    Vienna, Austria
    Hmm, I have heard that the screw-hole pattern between the B5 and the licensed B50 is not the same (but I haven't had a B5 in my hands yet to confirm this) - better double-heck that with ZZ Sounds...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.