Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

ZVex Wooly Mammoth

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Ecadad, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Ecadad

Ecadad Tele-Holic

Nov 13, 2010
    USA
    Does anyone use or have any experience with the ZVex Woolly mammoth on guitar? I'm thinking about getting one, any thoughts on this pedal?

2. bossking7

bossking7 Tele-Afflicted

Sep 11, 2011
    Virginia
    Is it because Jack White had it on his board? Haha kidding. Seems like a cool pedal though.

3. mal paso

mal paso Banned

Nov 24, 2011
    Bloomington, IN
    Yeah, it seems cool, but 350 bones cool?

4. baxterhuxtable

baxterhuxtable TDPRI Member

Aug 10, 2011
    philadelphia
    Yeah it works wonderfully. Great big ballsy fuzz, with just a touch of zipper character, works equally well for rhythm and leads. the bass player in two of my bands (as in two different people) have one, we use it to record guitar all the time. It is too expensive for sure, but is one of the best bass fuzzes I've ever heard. I've seen clones of em, I'm sure you could get around the price tag...

5. metulmykul

metulmykul Tele-Holic

Feb 5, 2007
    Brisbane, Australia
    "Great big ballsy fuzz..."
    That sums it up.
    Way too expensive, in my opinion, but it is a very, very easy diy.

6. smoss469

smoss469 Tele-Afflicted

Oct 12, 2007
    West Virginia
    The vero layout looks easy. I think it's around 10 parts on a board, that's it.

7. TheSmokingMan

TheSmokingMan Banned

Jan 7, 2011
    Belle Plaine, KS
    very diy friendly, there are at least three easy to find sites selling a PCB or kit and the parts count is low. the pcb I got from myaudiolab is really nice, but expensive compared to other sites(also needed parts value corrections). I'd say guitarpcb if you don't feel like dealing with pedal parts uk and international shipping

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.