Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

zoom multi effects pedal into the PA

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by Superman96, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Superman96

Superman96 Banned

Dec 22, 2013
    Humboldt
    Okay. So I play guitar at my church. I have a small zoom multi effects pedal that I go directly into the PA with. but I'm just not liking the tone at all!! The longer I have to use it, the more I hate it! So what are the best options when doing direct into a PA? I'm willing to try anything! I really don't want to have to use an amp yet. But if I cant get a good tone, I will.

Also, I'm using a Epiphone dot 335

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2014

2. LowThudd

LowThudd Tele-Afflicted

Feb 11, 2014
    Sherman Oaks, Ca

3. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    How are you using it? I have a G2.1u, and most of the factory presets are unusable--too gimmicky.

I spent some time making about 5-6 presets of my own, starting really clean and basic and tweaking the eq. etc., adding things little by little, until I had a handful that I liked.

4. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    The "best" option is always gonna be an amp you like either mic'd or run direct. The next best would probably be a preamp pedal that will do amp and speaker cabinet emulations. IMHO effects pedals are intended to add coloration to your sound but not substitute for an amp and PAs are meant to reinforce what's handed them by the amp not become the amp itself.

If you're really set on doing without the amp shop for some top shelf stuff that will do those emulations. Those will cost you as much as some amps run anyway.

5. Tle4

Tle4 Tele-Afflicted

Dec 28, 2010
    Warrington, Pa. USA
    Which Zoom do you have? It would help to know in case someone else has one. I dont know if your pedal is just effects or if it has speaker and amp emulation but if it doesnt have emulation, I would look into something that has it. It will make a big difference in how it sounds direct into the PA. Some pedals give the option of turning the emulation on and off. You might want to check if your pedal has it and maybe it is off for use in front of a guitar amp.

Another thing you might want to try is running into a DI box after the pedal if it does not have balanced outputs. The DI will fix the impedance mis match and will make it sound better through a PA

6. bblumentritt

bblumentritt Tele-Afflicted

Dec 3, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    That's what I did with my DigiTech RP-150.

Spend some time and create some custom patches and load them up in the first five preset rotations - basic clean; reverb; delay; distortion; tremolo, etc.

It's either than or get a tube amp and a decent pedalboard, and mic it.

7. poiureza

poiureza Tele-Holic

Apr 19, 2012
    Belgium
    There are sooooo many options.

What's your budget ? What's your style ?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.