Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Zoom G5 hiss/noise

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by nikola, Dec 16, 2013.

1. nikola

nikola Tele-Meister

Dec 1, 2013
    Malaysia
    Hi all,

Would like to get your opinion on an issue that I am having.

Recently, my wife bought me Zoom G5 as a Christmas present and I have been fiddling around with it for the past week.

However, I noticed a hiss/whine that became much clearer when I plugged the unit into our hifi. Initially, I was using the Yamaha THR's Aux input to get some tunes going.

What I have also found is when I disengage the amp models of the patch, the hiss/whine goes away say about 90%.

The Yamaha THR uses the same power outlet and does not face the same issue as it uses a 3 prong plug. The Zoom on the other hand, came supplied with a 2 prong plug.

If anyone has experience with this issue, would really appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance,
    nikola

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013

2. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    A bit of hiss is common with most amp sims, especially if it is a higher gain setting. The noise gate is your friend.

3. nikola

nikola Tele-Meister

Dec 1, 2013
    Malaysia
    Thing is, I am using the AC30 JMI sim with gain set low.

Also, thanks for the noise gate tip because it has made a difference especially when changing the setting to Guitar In.

Would you have experience with a power conditioner to see if it actually eliminated that noise? What about batteries?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.