Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Zoom G3x ... or ... Mustang Floor

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by boyhowdy, Jul 11, 2013.

1. boyhowdy

boyhowdy TDPRI Member

May 12, 2010
    sf
    hi all

i am interested in getting a simple modeler and my two choices are listed above. I play "americana" (roots, blues, folk country rock jazz ... sounds based on david grissom, jimmy vaughn, early santana). My pedal board is simple (overdrive of the day, boost, L6 M5)

What I like about each one:
    * ZG3x: Form and function. Small, well built, 9 volt(!) convience.
    * Mustang: the fender amp sims are pretty good (I have a Vibrochamp xd and sometimes run its preamp out into my amp and sounds very good).

Here is my question
    :
    Are the Fender amp sims in the ZG3x as good (or better) than the ones in the Mustang?

thanks for your input!

2. musicmatty

musicmatty Former Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Maryland
    I have the Zoom G2.1u multi effects pedal that I purchased new a few years back to use with my 2 Tube amps. Since then, I have purchased the Mustang IV (twin) amp to add to my small amp collection.

I would have to give the edge to the Mustang Floor model as having more bang for the buck and I does it exceedingly well. I cannot say that the amps sims of the ZG3 are better or not..as I do not own the ZG3. But I can say with absolute authority using my ears, that the Mustang sims are fantastic ;)

Attached Files:

3. Abu Twangy

Abu Twangy Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2012
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Essentially the Mustang Floor sims are like those of the Mustang line. If you like a lot of tweakable quality Fender sims the Mustang line is where to get them. Beyond that the Mustang has acceptable non-Fender models. I've heard some grousing about the non-Fender models but more from the lack of variety. It is a Fender product after all.

I know a few players that use Zoom G3s and gig with them. They seem to like them. I personally haven't heard a G3x live.

4. boyhowdy

boyhowdy TDPRI Member

May 12, 2010
    sf
    OK ... If only because the updated version will be released ...

How about the L6 HD500? ... How do the fender sims I that one compare to the Mustang Floor?

( I am going to post the same question I the current HD500 thread)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.