Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Zoom G3x assistance needed

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by brattmatter, Apr 7, 2013.

1. brattmatter

brattmatter Tele-Meister

Jan 6, 2011
    New Jersey
    got the G3x and there are some pretty impressive stock sounds. My original intent was to use it for Delay, Chorus, etc after my MXR 78 Distortion and my Boss Blues Driver.

In the meanwhile, I'm just not getting how to switch patches while playing without stepping on "Hold for Patch" and then scrolling to the next patch I want. I'm sure there's a better way to go from patch to patch without all those steps. For Example, I'm on patch A1 and I'm clicking on/off for delay on "pedal" #3. Then I want to switch to another patch, say A3, for lead. What's the best way to do this?

Also, is there a better way to scroll left or right without stepping on 2 buttons at once?

2. highwayman

highwayman Former Member

Dec 24, 2008
    ny
    No, I don't think theres a way do switch patches without stepping on the Hold for Patch button, not that I know of.If you have an effects loop you should run the G3 through that and run your dist , wah , overdrives, in front of the amp for better sound.I use my G3 for delays , chorus, and compression. I set my amp for clean and use a Bad Monkey for dirt and MXR Dist 3 set a little higher for leads.

3. Warrior

Warrior TDPRI Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Patterson, CA

4. brattmatter

brattmatter Tele-Meister

Jan 6, 2011
    New Jersey
    Thanks. I've seen this site. It's pretty amazing. I am crunched for time these days. For now I'm using it as is and getting used to it. Would be cool to mod a pedal. Never did that before.

5. iluvchiclets

iluvchiclets Tele-Meister

Jan 26, 2012
    Ontario
    I owned the G3 for a few months last year, and I believe there is a different way to switch patches. I wish I could recall how I did it, perhaps it was included with the firmware update? Does your G3 allow you to have 6 FX at a time, or 3? The newest update allows you to have 6...

You can switch patches by holding down TAP while pressing SCROLL in either direction.

And, as I recall, depending on what mode you are in, you might be able to use the scroll function to switch between patches. I wish I could remember properly, I too had that question when I owned the unit and was able to find a different method.

Perhaps ask over in the ZOOM forum?

6. cesarjc

cesarjc NEW MEMBER!

Hi, I got recently a zoom g3x semi new, and the buttons of controls on he screens do not work properly,, sometimes they do but when I start changing the settings, they do not work, anybody know suggestions? Thanks

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.