Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Zephyr Blues Deluxe

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by stantheman, Sep 23, 2011.

1. stantheman

stantheman Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 10, 2003
    White Mountains
    The Big 17" Box with the three P-90's.
    It's been kind of an ambition of mine that's been on and off again due to my finances.
    I'm a Sunburst kinda guy so that makes it even tougher because the majority of these boxes are blondies - so I'll be waiting longer than usual.
    But that's fine because I don't like being rushed into anything musical in nature.

I've already got my Emperor Regent but I've got a "bucket list" which also calls for a Broadway and a Zephyr Blues Deluxe.
    I want all three - in Sunburst - before I croak.

Here's the problem, Epiphone for reasons I'll never understand wanted to duplicate the ES-5 - myself, I would have gone for opulence and used the same inlays that the Regent and Broadway have - the triangle abalone on pearl.

So.....what I want to do almost immediately when The Happy Day finally arrives is switch out them Plain Jane inlays for the fancy schmancys like Her cousins got OEM'd with.

Here's the 64,000 dollar question: Are the inlay cavities on Epiphone's 17" Bodies all the same?
    This'll make a "drop-in" very easy to do as I've seen the nicer Inlays for sale.

I want something truly unique, a one-of-a-kind Zephyr Blues. Like BBB did.
    So when someone like myself who digs Epiphones sees they'll know that I took it upon myself to get it really right.

Oh yeah - what's with this discrimination against Antique Sunburst with the 17" big bodies currently in production?
    Who makes these blanket decisions?
    Blonde only ain't right.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.