Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Zar Ultra on back of neck?

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by Dajo, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Dajo

Dajo TDPRI Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Sweden
    Hi guys! I have just recived a Warmoth Birdseye maple with rosewood board strat neck, however it is unfinished. Warmoth recommends poly finish for a strong durable neck. The only product I can find in Sweden is the ZAR Ultra polyurethane oil based. The upside is that it is avalible in satin finish. Have you guys any experience with this? I cant seem to find any info on it.

Best Regards

Attached Files:

2. bingy

bingy Friend of Leo's

This stuff will be fine.
    ZAR is a well known brand in the USA.
    Don't forget you can thin this material and rub it on. A nice easy way to build up a smooth finish.

Also... although it is described as "fast drying" that still means 6+ hours.

And... if you are brushing or spraying it does "tack up" quickly (within 5 minutes). Rubbing allows a somewhat longer working time.

Tape off the rosewood no matter which method you use.

3. Dajo

Dajo TDPRI Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Sweden
    Thanks for the reply! I will try this method on monday!

Do I mask the sides of the rosewood aswell? Or just the top of the fretboard?

Dajo

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.